News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

What's your weather?

Started by polly_mer, May 20, 2019, 05:47:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mamselle

More snew yesterday, today we're in the single digits with strong winds.

I've never seen a "freezing spray" warning to mariners before....

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

mamselle

Double, later...

3 degrees last night...very glad I needn't go out!

M.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

Thursday's_Child

Dreary with a chilly drizzle - I'd actually be pleased to get snow, but no such luck.

mamselle

I'm going to have to go out and run errands tomorrow AM to beat the snowmageddon they're prophesying for tomorrow afternoon/evening.

M.

Langue_doc

It's starting to snow. We have a winter storm warning effective from 7 PM tonight until Tuesday morning, with high winds and accumulations between 16-22 inches.

Harlow2

Same warning here for only  about a foot, though that is way above what we are accustomed to these days. I haven't seen my cross country skis in 3 years; they must be here somewhere.

dismalist

We don't have a lot of snow and ice; we have a credible threat of a lot of snow and ice.

May the Lord preserve the power lines; somebody has to.
That's not even wrong!
--Wolfgang Pauli

sinenomine

The snow started earlier here than promised, and forecasted totals have been adjusted upwards. I tried to drive somewhere at 5:30 this morning and opted to turn around to go home and hunker down with work.
"How fleeting are all human passions compared with the massive continuity of ducks...."

apl68

No snow, just several consecutive days of chilly, overcast weather.  We might see a bit of frost this week before the next temperature spike.
If in this life only we had hope of Christ, we would be the most pathetic of them all.  But now is Christ raised from the dead, the first of those who slept.  First Christ, then afterward those who belong to Christ when he comes.

FishProf

We are in the middle of a huge snowstorm.  HUGE!   My school was cancelled (why no remote?) on this, the first day of the semester, Smolt switched to remote learning, MrsFishProf went to school, but 5 min before the first class started, they shifted to the half-day early dismissal schedule.

Yup,  HUGE storm.  All we need now is...well....snow. 
I'd rather have questions I can't answer, than answers I can't question.

apl68

Pouring rain all day
Rivers running down the streets
The frogs are singing
If in this life only we had hope of Christ, we would be the most pathetic of them all.  But now is Christ raised from the dead, the first of those who slept.  First Christ, then afterward those who belong to Christ when he comes.

paultuttle

Chilly rain, but the lilies are already starting to poke their heads above the ground.

That's how I know it's late February, nearly March, in central NC.

hmaria1609

*Bumping an old thread*
There was rain overnight and part of today.  There was a tornado warning for the upper part of the county late this afternoon.  Not something we often have!

Now, it's windy but clear.

Harlow2

Warm then hot then warm. Scary thundershower with tropical sideways thick rain.  Quiet now and about to cool off to early March temps

Hope all in the states with tornadoes have been safe.

ergative

Windy and raining today, but the forecast promises highs in the upper fifties and sun tomorrow. For once the weather is aligning with my planned outdoor exercise schedule!