News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

What's your weather?

Started by polly_mer, May 20, 2019, 05:47:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spork

Quote from: Langue_doc on May 29, 2021, 07:59:48 AM
Rain yesterday evening, rain today, rain tomorrow, and a 50% chance of rain on Monday. Gale warning today.

After getting the inside of the house to 80 F a few days ago, I'm wondering if I'll be able to endure this winterish monsoon without turning the furnace back on. Current inside temp is 65 F, outside it's in the 40s. Rain for at least another 48 hours is predicted.
It's terrible writing, used to obfuscate the fact that the authors actually have nothing to say.

ab_grp

Sending some virtual warmth to those in the east from a sunny place that is getting up to 97 today.  Hard to believe it is Memorial Day weekend out there.  My ex-local pool back east finally re-opened today after forever only to close at noon due to the cold and rain and zero swimming patrons.

Puget

Quote from: spork on May 29, 2021, 11:03:06 AM
Quote from: Langue_doc on May 29, 2021, 07:59:48 AM
Rain yesterday evening, rain today, rain tomorrow, and a 50% chance of rain on Monday. Gale warning today.

After getting the inside of the house to 80 F a few days ago, I'm wondering if I'll be able to endure this winterish monsoon without turning the furnace back on. Current inside temp is 65 F, outside it's in the 40s. Rain for at least another 48 hours is predicted.

After setting up the window ACs earlier in the week, I had the heat back on today. Hopefully the garden isn't in too much shock from the temperature swings. At least I don't have to water for quite awhile!
"Never get separated from your lunch. Never get separated from your friends. Never climb up anything you can't climb down."
–Best Colorado Peak Hikes

hmaria1609

Cool and rainy for Memorial Day weekend

dismalist

Furnace is indeed back on.

I actually like this unseasonable weather.
That's not even wrong!
--Wolfgang Pauli

mamselle

91 degrees per my phone's app.

But the upstairs folks' A/C keeps things ok.

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

Langue_doc

High nineties and a heat advisory for today. It's going to be an indoors kind of day.

mamselle

Similar here.

I went out to take my walk at 6 AM, which was a good, cool time to walk by the river and then come back by the back streets.

Settled in comfortably with the laptop and no students until 4 PM today.

M. 
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

apl68

Humid and grey and drizzly.  We've had an awful lot of that so far this year!  It's at the point now where mushrooms are popping out all over people's yards.  The windows and glass doors here at work are sweating something fierce.  No wonder we have recurring mold problems.
If in this life only we had hope of Christ, we would be the most pathetic of them all.  But now is Christ raised from the dead, the first of those who slept.  First Christ, then afterward those who belong to Christ when he comes.

AmLitHist

We're not quite that bad here in central IL, Apl68, but when I went out to water and feed my porch containers and baskets and to pull out the forest of maple seedlings from my front beds (GAH!!), the humidity was 96%.  It had dropped all the way to 90% by the time I was done (and thoroughly sweated through).

hmaria1609

Hot! Enough for a heat emergency alert in DC.

apl68

Quote from: hmaria1609 on June 07, 2021, 10:31:43 AM

Wow, that's bad!  One thing about it--our temperatures have actually been pretty mild--relatively speaking--so far.  And the frequent overcast has at least kept the severe direct sun off.  Silver linings and all that.
If in this life only we had hope of Christ, we would be the most pathetic of them all.  But now is Christ raised from the dead, the first of those who slept.  First Christ, then afterward those who belong to Christ when he comes.

Harlow2

Quote from: hmaria1609 on June 07, 2021, 10:31:43 AM

Active heat advisory here today. Yesterday was in the mid- nineties. So muggy today it's difficult to see any distance.

apl68

Incredibly enough, even wetter and stickier in the air than yesterday.  With yet more downpour in the forecast, and vegetation running wild everywhere (including my yard) because there's no opportunity to prune or mow it.  Then again, the extreme cloudbursts and flash floods that have hit some communities in the state within the last 24 hours have missed us.  So I guess really we don't have much to complain about.

ab_grp

I was going to say that we're in the hundreds this week, but that sounds a little more extreme than 100-110 or so. ;-)