News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

What's your weather?

Started by polly_mer, May 20, 2019, 05:47:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hmaria1609

Pouring rain earlier!  Good thing we mowed the lawn yesterday.  (Yard stuff is picked up in our development on Mondays during the season)

Tomorrow it's forecasted to be in the 80s and warm. Guess I'll be putting up the shade in my car.

mamselle

Quote from: mamselle on May 03, 2021, 04:15:44 PM
Quote from: apl68 on May 03, 2021, 01:52:49 PM
Quote from: paultuttle on May 03, 2021, 12:17:08 PM
Waves of thunderstorms.

What we have to look forward to overnight.

Hazy now, revving up for a promised 3 days of at least 70% chance of rain, due to begin before the night is out...!

Maybe I should go run those errands sooner rather than later...

M.

Didn't run the errands...just as well.

Dry as a twig and almost balmy outside.

Tomorrow, or so I hear, is another day....

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

evil_physics_witchcraft

hmaria1609

Today started out warm then rained again.

apl68

We had quite a storm early yesterday afternoon.  The lights flickered at work a couple of times.  I got off work early, right after the storm ended, to prepare for an event I was hosting.  As I walked home I heard generators running.  Did that mean that my house was also blacked out?  If so, then that batch of chili I'd left cooking in the slow cooker was only half-done.  I feared the worst.  Then I got home and found that my house had not had any interruption of power.  The cooking was all completed on time, and by the time the guests arrived we had a lovely evening out.  The chili and dessert were almost all eaten, and we had a good visit and Bible study.  Relief!

Beautiful out and milder today.
See, your King is coming to you, just and bringing salvation, gentle and lowly, and riding upon a donkey.

Harlow2

No thunderstorm drama after all, just light rain and cool.

hmaria1609

Raining on and off.  And a burst of hail!

lightning

Quote from: hmaria1609 on May 08, 2021, 11:49:25 AM
Raining on and off.  And a burst of hail!

I want some of that rain. It's dry here, and my lawn needs water (and I'm too cheap to turn on the sprinkler system in early May).

Langue_doc

Drizzly and surprisingly colder than usual.

mamselle

Quote from: apl68 on May 05, 2021, 06:26:18 AM
We had quite a storm early yesterday afternoon.  The lights flickered at work a couple of times.  I got off work early, right after the storm ended, to prepare for an event I was hosting.  As I walked home I heard generators running.  Did that mean that my house was also blacked out?  If so, then that batch of chili I'd left cooking in the slow cooker was only half-done.  I feared the worst.  Then I got home and found that my house had not had any interruption of power.  The cooking was all completed on time, and by the time the guests arrived we had a lovely evening out.  The chili and dessert were almost all eaten, and we had a good visit and Bible study.  Relief!

We used to have a singles-ish Bible study called 'Stone Soup.' (Some folks were married, we were ecumenical on that point...)

Good soup and good bread were the only requirements. (Weelll, dessert was optional, as was cheese, but if you brought some, they had to be good, too.)

I miss that group.

Everyone eventually moved away, or got ordained,, or got married and had kids....

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

lightning

Quote from: mamselle on May 08, 2021, 06:29:33 PM
Quote from: apl68 on May 05, 2021, 06:26:18 AM

We used to have a singles-ish Bible study called 'Stone Soup.' (Some folks were married, we were ecumenical on that point...)

Good soup and good bread were the only requirements. (Weelll, dessert was optional, as was cheese, but if you brought some, they had to be good, too.)

I miss that group.

Everyone eventually moved away, or got ordained,, or got married and had kids....

M.

If I didn't know the parable, I would have thought "'Stoned Soup' sounds like a fun group! When's the next meeting?"

apl68

Storms last night.  Heavy storms that caused weather alerts and the tornado sirens downtown to go off.  But we never lost power here in town, and I saw little in the way of limbs and such blown down.  Haven't yet heard of there having been any storm damage in the region.  Thankful that we came through all right.  And that I made it home from my Mother's Day weekend visit before the storm hit.
See, your King is coming to you, just and bringing salvation, gentle and lowly, and riding upon a donkey.

Langue_doc

Rain yesterday evening, rain today, rain tomorrow, and a 50% chance of rain on Monday. Gale warning today.

evil_physics_witchcraft

There was a light rain yesterday. Currently, it's cool (around 68 deg. F), breezy and overcast.

Vkw10

75 and cloudy, with 75% humidity making it feel warmer. Highs in the mid-80s and thunderstorms expected, so I'm planning a very early afternoon walk in case my early evening walk gets rained out. If not, I'll get in three walks today, compensating for missed walks earlier this week.
Enthusiasm is not a skill set. (MH)