News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

The Post For Stuff You Wanna Tell People

Started by Parasaurolophus, May 17, 2019, 10:11:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

namazu

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on March 18, 2021, 08:03:09 AM
The hatchling hatched this morning at 00h33. It was a very difficult hatching, but ended well.
Congratulations!  May you and the hatchling know good health and much joy together.

Larimar

Vkw10

The hatchling hatched this morning at 00h33. It was a very difficult hatching, but ended well.

Congratulations! Best wishes for a speedy recovery and successful transition to life in the home nest.
Enthusiasm is not a skill set. (MH)

evil_physics_witchcraft

Congrats!!!

jimbogumbo

Cheerful

Yay, Parasaurolophus Family! Congrats!

Economizer

So, I tried to straighten everything out and guess what I got for it.  No, really, just guess!

hmaria1609

I got an imported dark chocolate bar from Iceland sent by one of my colleagues from another branch.  No note from the sender inside--drats! The bar is the shape of a small brick.  :)

Parasaurolophus

I just put the hatchling in a Happy Baby wrap (in the middle of a dissatisfied fuss) and he immediately fell very sound asleep, and now I can carry on posting and stuff, hands-free. It's amazing.
I know it's a genus.

traductio

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on March 25, 2021, 06:37:37 PM
I just put the hatchling in a Happy Baby wrap (in the middle of a dissatisfied fuss) and he immediately fell very sound asleep, and now I can carry on posting and stuff, hands-free. It's amazing.

I didn't know the hatchling had hatched (although I suspected as much -- I think you had said something about early March).

Congratulations!

And congratulations on getting him to sleep. This is not a skill to be underestimated.

ergative

I have had a nagging, low-level headache for much of this week, but it eased yesterday evening and I think it's completely gone now.

apl68

Quote from: ergative on March 25, 2021, 11:59:41 PM
I have had a nagging, low-level headache for much of this week, but it eased yesterday evening and I think it's completely gone now.

Good!  You must feel a lot better now.
If in this life only we had hope of Christ, we would be the most pathetic of them all.  But now is Christ raised from the dead, the first of those who slept.  First Christ, then afterward those who belong to Christ when he comes.

Larimar

mamselle

The New York Public Library just sent a cool email/link around:

You can send a message to a particular library in their system to say thanks to their workers today (It's not a special day, just a nice thing come up with!)

https://notes.librariesmakenycstronger.org/?utm_source=eNewsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_content=Advocacy2021_20210406_StickyNotesTonyMarx&utm_campaign=2021BudgetAdvocacy

They post it as a sticky and you can have it re-sent as a Tweet or a Facebook entry as well.

I just thanked the Dance Collection folks for all their great work...their help has made next week's paper more possible...

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

hmaria1609

Mamselle, thanks for the National Library Week shoutout!  :)

Tate's Bake Shop Limited Edition Lemon Cookies are awesome:
https://www.tatesbakeshop.com/cookies/limited-edition-lemon-cookies
I got a bag at Wal-Mart last night.