News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

What does Fuel Cost in your Neighborhood?

Started by clean, June 18, 2019, 11:43:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

clean

$2.56 today coming to work.  Too bad the tanks are full (of more expensive gas)!

What are you seeing in your world?
"The Emperor is not as forgiving as I am"  Darth Vader

dismalist

Quote from: apl68 on December 04, 2023, 01:24:59 PM
Quote from: Langue_doc on December 03, 2023, 06:22:40 AMGas prices have been going down, not because of the goodness of heart of our govenrment.

https://www.nbcnews.com/nightly-news/video/gas-prices-are-down-as-u-s-oil-production-is-back-up-to-record-levels-199027781621

https://www.cnn.com/2023/11/28/economy/gas-prices-drop-consumer-spending/index.html

There was a time when having American oil production up at record levels would have been considered good news.  We certainly live in a different world now.

If one believes that global warming is costly, what one wants is really, really cheap to produce fossil fuels, together with a carbon tax to make it really, really expensive to consume! Then quantity used goes down, emissions go down, and the revenue to promote one's favorite projects -- anything from other tax reduction to subsidizing higher ed -- goes up.

This is the cheapest way of combating the consequences of global warming, on account the easiest substitution possibilities get made use of first. 
That's not even wrong!
--Wolfgang Pauli

hmaria1609

$2.97 at Costco and Sam's Club. $3.09 and up at the rest in town.

Langue_doc

$2.99 in my usual gas station, and just above $3 in the other ones. I think I saw the below-$3 rate about a week ago, so am glad that the prices are holding steady. I haven't needed to fill up yet, so I'm not sure if the posted rates are the same as the ones charged by the gas station.

hmaria1609

$2.99 at Costco and Sam's Club. $3.19 and up at the others in town

Safe and smooth travels for those heading out for Christmas and New Year! It's been a busy travel day on Baltimore/DC area roads and at the big 3 airports today.

clean

Have been quarantined at home with COVID so not ventured out lately.  However, I did get out today and saw that prices were up $.20 or so since I was sidelined! Prices close to home are now $2.74 or so.
What prices are you seeing?   With the big storms hitting everywhere do you think prices will rise or fall (as who can go anywhere?) 

jimbogumbo

$2.39-$2.59.   I paid $2.09 today where the four stations are in a continual gas war. Could have gone for $1.79 at one but would have been in line forever.

clean

Driving in today I saw a jump to $2.99! 

What did Taylor Swift DO to cause this?

What is it in your neighborhood?  Has it jumped or fallen lately?

apl68

Almost $2.80 for the lowest grade today.  That's very steep for around here.  Glad I have a vehicle that only 6-7 gallons at each fueling. 
If in this life only we had hope of Christ, we would be the most pathetic of them all.  But now is Christ raised from the dead, the first of those who slept.  First Christ, then afterward those who belong to Christ when he comes.

hmaria1609

$3.25 at Costco and Sam's Club. $3.39 and up at the other stations.

hmaria1609

$3.23 at Costco and Sam's Club. $3.34 and up at the other gas stations.

hmaria1609

$3.45 at Costco and Sam's Club. $3.49 and up at other stations around town. Glad I filled up at Costco last week!

WTOP Radio reports that gas prices are likely to be higher at the pumps with the spring season.

clean

Filled up today!

Yesterday I went to work and one station was 3.09 and one a block away was 2.89.  I figured I would stop on the way home and fill up! 
Well, they must have felt the tremor in the force and by the time i made the return trip the price was up to 3.09 there too!

Today I could not put off getting gas, so I filled up.

hmaria1609

Now $3.47 at Costco and Sam's Club. $3.65 and up at the other gas stations.

Langue_doc

I think the prices went up twice in the last week or 10 days--ended up paying $3.30/gallon. Aaargh! should have filled up last week.