News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

Spam! Starting Mandatory “First Post” Approval

Started by eigen, May 31, 2019, 09:40:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

oak and ash

First post!  I was mostly lurky on the old fora and will likely be pretty much the same here.  But I'll try to be a bit more active!

namazu

Quote from: oak and ash on July 06, 2019, 09:39:02 PM
First post!  I was mostly lurky on the old fora and will likely be pretty much the same here.  But I'll try to be a bit more active!
Welcome, O Arboreous One!

phi-rabbit

Hi,

I posted a fair bit in the old days (around 2010ish) then dropped into intermittent lurking.  I'm glad this place was created to take over when they shut it down over at the Chronicle.  Too many of the communities I used to enjoy have been shut down in a similar fashion and not all of them managed to make a transition like this.

Anyway, I'll probably not be a very active poster, but I like to be able to check in on teaching advice threads particularly.

fast_and_bulbous

Quote from: phi-rabbit on July 08, 2019, 07:28:25 PM
Hi,

I posted a fair bit in the old days (around 2010ish) then dropped into intermittent lurking.  I'm glad this place was created to take over when they shut it down over at the Chronicle.  Too many of the communities I used to enjoy have been shut down in a similar fashion and not all of them managed to make a transition like this.

Anyway, I'll probably not be a very active poster, but I like to be able to check in on teaching advice threads particularly.

Glad you made the trip!
I wake up every morning with a healthy dose of analog delay

wildcollards

My first post to prove I am not spam, a bot, botfly, or anything other than myself.  Thanks for letting me in.

prof_beardo

First post! I only really lurked on the old forums but want to do a bit more, so here I am!

polly_mer

Quote from: hmaria1609 on June 27, 2019, 07:07:43 PM
Do whatever you want--I'm just the background dancer in your show!

xywei

First post! I am glad to come across this forum. It truly feels like a cozy place to hangout :)

eigen

Quote from: xywei on July 17, 2019, 06:19:52 PM
First post! I am glad to come across this forum. It truly feels like a cozy place to hangout :)

That's how we suck you in! Then it's too late....
Quote from: Caracal
Actually reading posts before responding to them seems to be a problem for a number of people on here...

DoohickeyTech

I am a smart spambot, you cannot prove I am not human.

phattangent

First post! Since everyone else is doing it... This does sound like a good system, however.
I fully expected to find a Constable in the kitchen, waiting to take me up. -- Pip in Great Expectations by Charles Dickens

alto_stratus

I definitely had some posts in the early days, but it has been a while...

My life-changing, highly philosophical song lyrics are waiting in the pokey.  As someone who loves instant gratification, this is hard times.

polly_mer

Quote from: alto_stratus on July 25, 2019, 07:06:46 PM

My life-changing, highly philosophical song lyrics are waiting in the pokey.  As someone who loves instant gratification, this is hard times.

Welcome back!  You're good to go now.
Quote from: hmaria1609 on June 27, 2019, 07:07:43 PM
Do whatever you want--I'm just the background dancer in your show!

fast_and_bulbous

Quote from: alto_stratus on July 25, 2019, 07:06:46 PM

Good to see you again! I like your moniker. I am, however, partial to cirrocumulus.
I wake up every morning with a healthy dose of analog delay

bio-nonymous

First Post: I hope this system weeds out the strange spam we used to get at the CHE site...