News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

The ENT Issues Thread

Started by evil_physics_witchcraft, May 26, 2020, 03:15:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

evil_physics_witchcraft

I am grumpy. I suppose it has something to do with my achy eyes (too much editing and the weather [overcast]) and near-constant full ears, which I am popping with gravely sounds all the time (for the past 2 days and chronic for the past 10 years or so) due to possibly:

1. too much salt (sodium)- very likely considering yesterday.
2. pressure changes in the lower atmosphere (I checked the reports and it seemed pretty steady the last few days, but then again I haven't experimented with pressure changes and my ears-no numerical data).
3. stress- very likely.
4. pollen/mold/cat (yes, cat!, but mild) allergies- very likely, but not much on the pollen count.
5. teeny-tiny ear canals (so I've been told by my doc and ENT).
6. virus- seems unlikely (no fever).
7. something else-no idea (probably not Meniere's disease, as I don't have major hearing loss and I've been tested).
8. labrynthitis- had it several times in the past.

Anyone else have ear issues? I may go put a hot, wet towel on my face for a few minutes, which helps me feel a little better. What remedies work for you?

Parasaurolophus

I have a cerumen clog in my right ear, and have had it for nearly two months now. I've managed to improve it a little with the various drops you can get, but my attempt at syringing it out didn't work.

What I really need is for a nurse to go in there and fetch it out, because it's too big to come on its own. Alas... COVID.
I know it's a genus.

smallcleanrat

I have ear issues often, and I've found muscle tension in my jaw and neck seem to contribute a lot. Massaging and stretching these muscles can sometimes ease the discomfort. Sometimes...

evil_physics_witchcraft

Quote from: smallcleanrat on May 26, 2020, 04:19:32 PM
I have ear issues often, and I've found muscle tension in my jaw and neck seem to contribute a lot. Massaging and stretching these muscles can sometimes ease the discomfort. Sometimes...

I've thought about this too. Lots of stress over here.

Edit: Sorry, I meant to say thanks for the advice. Still grumpy.