Main Menu

The quiet room thread...

Started by mamselle, October 29, 2020, 12:56:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mamselle

Lovely! Thank you.

The ham and Dijon are especially good.

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

mamselle

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

evil_physics_witchcraft

Quote from: robear on January 21, 2021, 05:36:14 PM
I've made tea and little tea sandwiches. You may choose from cucumber and cream cheese, smoked salmon and cream cheese, egg salad, or ham with a bit of dijon, as well as tiny spinach and cheese quiches. There are lovely biscuits and a splash of champagne, as well as an array of teas from around the globe.

Wow! I may grab a few and take a long nap. It's been a day!

dismalist

Quote from: evil_physics_witchcraft on January 28, 2021, 08:49:29 PM
Quote from: robear on January 21, 2021, 05:36:14 PM
I've made tea and little tea sandwiches. You may choose from cucumber and cream cheese, smoked salmon and cream cheese, egg salad, or ham with a bit of dijon, as well as tiny spinach and cheese quiches. There are lovely biscuits and a splash of champagne, as well as an array of teas from around the globe.

Wow! I may grab a few and take a long nap. It's been a day!

Wonderful, scrumptious, brilliant! Forget the tea, though. A lot of dry white wine would go well with the delectable food. A splash of champagne is acceptable.

Do you deliver, or must I pick up? :-)
That's not even wrong!
--Wolfgang Pauli

mamselle

This is the Narnia-closet-sized infintely safe Quiet Room.

You're welcome to help yourself to any treats on offer, and find a quiet corner to retire to.

Folks have shared blankets, pillows, various playback devices with headphones, and many, many books.

The room expands inversionally so there are many corners....

M.

the_geneticist

After two weeks of being sick (still!) I think I need a Quiet Room rest and reset.

I'll take a massive, fluffy blanket, a comfy couch, a brick fireplace with a crackling wood fire, a purring cat, a mug of tea, and gentle rain or snow outside.

mamselle

Charlotte

After a conflict in my city today I am very sad and find myself feeling discouraged and disappointed. So if anyone needs me, I will be curled up with a pile of pillows and blankets, a mug of herbal tea, and a good fiction book that will take me into another world for just a little while.

mamselle

If you fall asleep, we'll put a bookmarker in your book for you...

M.

mamselle

Back by popular demand...

I've re-stocked all the teas, cocoa, coffee, and hot milk fixings, and there are veggie, savory, and sweet snacks in the fridge, along with places to heat them up in, or on.

There are some new, and some old, books on the shelves, ditto some magazines, and some fresh blankets, duvets, sheets, pillows, and sleeping bags in the grotto.

There are a couple card tables if anyone wants to make a blankie--fort, and a few books-on-tape and music sources of your choosing.

Space is kept quiet and warm, and all who observe the rules are welcome.

Peace.

M.

evil_physics_witchcraft

I'm setting up my blanket fort with an extra dimensional portal to a cave filled with electric blankets, friendly birds, dogs, kitties, lizards, etc. and lots of tasty treats! I'll take some of those samosas from the fridge. Yoink!

mamselle

There are meal worms for the lizards in a small container near the stove.

Enjoy the samosas!

M.

Thursday's_Child

Playing the Barenboim link you posted nearly a year ago - TYVM Mamselle!

mamselle

De rien.

Here's another piece to listen to...(glass armonica; Dennis James, performer)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QkTUL7DjTow

M.

mythbuster

I'll be out on the patio, getting some sun on the pool side chaise lounge. The fountain makes a wonderful soft burbling sound.