News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

Vaccination nation

Started by downer, December 23, 2020, 07:05:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

downer

My vaccinated and boosted sister's east European boyfriend refuses to get vaccinated. He says that it's not what his people do. He wants to move in with her. She said he has to be vaccinated in order to move in. They may split up. They split up and get back together fairly often.

I'm not sure that she will be at any more risk if he moves in. I have thought she should ditch him for some time -- they don't work well together. It's her problem. But it makes for crappy holiday arguments.
"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross."—Sinclair Lewis

mahagonny

Quote from: mleok on December 24, 2021, 01:46:22 AM
While not every Trump voter is a covidiot, but it certainly seems that every covidiot was a Trump voter.
One of my best friends is a two time against-Trump voter but she is planning to refuse the third booster even though our employer is now requiring it. She's just a strong-willed gal who doesn't get told what to do. Go figure, as they say.
I'm not convinced there's any guarantee when or if COVID will go away for good if everyone gets vaccinated. It's just we're hearing from people who are perhaps too afraid to go on living without lashing out at someone, or people who enjoy thinking they are smarter than everyone else, which has been an often noticed feature of the left.
Same people who say things like 'so if you're against abortion, don't have one.' Whereas I say 'if you're against abortion, don't get aborted.'
I guess many of us make fun of others after deciding they're asking for it.

mahagonny

Quote from: mahagonny on December 24, 2021, 04:40:12 AM
Quote from: mleok on December 24, 2021, 01:46:22 AM
While not every Trump voter is a covidiot, but it certainly seems that every covidiot was a Trump voter.
One of my best friends is a two time against-Trump voter but she is planning to refuse the third booster even though our employer is now requiring it. She's just a strong-willed gal who doesn't get told what to do. Go figure, as they say.
I'm not convinced there's any guarantee when or if COVID will go away for good if everyone gets vaccinated. It's just we're hearing from people who are perhaps too afraid to go on living without lashing out at someone, or people who enjoy thinking they are smarter than everyone else, which has been an often noticed feature of the left.
Same people who say things like 'so if you're against abortion, don't have one.' Whereas I say 'if you're against abortion, don't get aborted.'
I guess many of us make fun of others after deciding they're asking for it.

Quote from: lightning on December 24, 2021, 02:50:04 AM
I got two shots last night--one for the flu and one for COVID-19 (booster shot). I asked for one shot in each upper arm.

I'm thinking that if I ever have to get a 3rd shot for something else at the same time as the other two, where would they stick the 3rd needle? My leg? Serious question.
I would schedule them two weeks apart.

clean

QuoteI got two shots last night--one for the flu and one for COVID-19 (booster shot). I asked for one shot in each upper arm.

I'm thinking that if I ever have to get a 3rd shot for something else at the same time as the other two, where would they stick the 3rd needle? My leg? Serious question.

In October I got the Shingles, pneumonia and tetnis vaccines on the same day.  Shingles was in one arm and the others in the other arm.  It was not too bad, but the shingles one had the most side effects. 

On the one hand, they would probably like to have you do one at a time, but as a practical matter, when I asked about it, they said, "you are here now, and this will mean fewer visits and we know that you can get them if we do it today".
"The Emperor is not as forgiving as I am"  Darth Vader

ciao_yall

Quote from: clean on December 24, 2021, 07:29:38 AM
QuoteI got two shots last night--one for the flu and one for COVID-19 (booster shot). I asked for one shot in each upper arm.

In October I got the Shingles, pneumonia and tetnis vaccines on the same day.  Shingles was in one arm and the others in the other arm.  It was not too bad, but the shingles one had the most side effects. 

On the one hand, they would probably like to have you do one at a time, but as a practical matter, when I asked about it, they said, "you are here now, and this will mean fewer visits and we know that you can get them if we do it today".

1) You can put all the shots in one arm. I assume they pick different spots.

2) May as well get it done, and get all the side effects at once.

secundem_artem

Quote from: lightning on December 24, 2021, 02:50:04 AM
I got two shots last night--one for the flu and one for COVID-19 (booster shot). I asked for one shot in each upper arm.

(BTW, the COVID-19 shot left me really sore this morning, just like the 2nd dose, while the flu shot left negligible soreness in my arm.)

Still in the arm, but an inch or two away from the first site. 
Funeral by funeral, the academy advances

lightning

Quote from: clean on December 24, 2021, 07:29:38 AM

Right now, just thinking about two shots in one arm makes me sore.

I suppose that's the price I have to pay, if I don't want to make multiple trips to the clinic for multiple vaccinations.   

Juvenal

Is there something wrong with my arm?  In the past year: Shingerix, tetanus, flu, B12, and all three Pfizers.  No after-effects, save an afternoon's fatigue with Pfizer2.  It would seem that either my body is rejecting these prophylaxes--"Ho, hum"--or they are being carefully stored for future needs.  Time will tell (and that means if I sicken or not).  I'd also say that although I was raised in the era of smallpox vaxxing, I can find no sign of the little arm scar that was its token.  Hmm.
Cranky septuagenarian

nebo113

Juvenal......My little sign of smallpox vax has also evaporated.

sinenomine

Quote from: nebo113 on December 27, 2021, 05:34:40 AM
Juvenal......My little sign of smallpox vax has also evaporated.

Mine (on my leg) has also faded away.
"How fleeting are all human passions compared with the massive continuity of ducks...."

AmLitHist

I never got the scab from the smallpox vax when I was little.  They gave me the shot twice, to be sure, and neither one reacted.

dismalist

Maybe we've found the optimal policy to induce vaccination. Quebec experienced a fourfold increase in the daily rate of first vaccinations upon implementing it.

https://montreal.ctvnews.ca/first-dose-vaccinations-quadruple-in-quebec-ahead-of-restrictions-at-liquor-and-cannabis-stores-1.5731327
That's not even wrong!
--Wolfgang Pauli

Juvenal

Cranky septuagenarian

downer

Four Ohio universities sued by students, employees challenging schools' COVID-19 policies
https://www.dispatch.com/story/news/education/2022/01/08/students-employees-four-ohio-colleges-sue-over-covid-19-policies/9045575002/

This is mainly about the vaccine mandate from some private universities. It will be interesting to see if the lawsuits get anywhere.

I can't help but notice the other headline for an article linked to in the piece: Greater Columbus colleges cautiously approach spring semester as COVID-19 cases surge.
"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross."—Sinclair Lewis