News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

Vaccination nation

Started by downer, December 23, 2020, 07:05:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

downer

I found that checking for CVS appointments at 6am was productive. They went quickly too.
"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross."—Sinclair Lewis

peitho

In my area, Walgreen's is quietly vaccinating, in that they are not advertising, but if you go online, you can sign up and get pricked. The U had had a few clinics, but appointment s never seen to be available.

Ruralguy

I did find out that my state went from more or less ONLY mass vaccination sites to quietly adding some pharmacies in or near larger cities. I already have a mass vax appointment, but I know this will make it more convenient for some in my area (though I don't think our pharmacies have the vax yet).

apl68

Got my first shot (Pfizer) today.  Apart from some confusion in signage out front (It said go back to your car and call in, so I did--only to be told to walk right on in) it was impressively well organized.  I was in and out in little more than half an hour.  I recognized one of the staff, whom I'm sure did much of the organizational work, and told her they were doing a great job.  In a bit I plan to e-mail the director of the hospital and tell him good job as well.

I barely even felt it.  We'll see what happens with the second dose on the 16th.

They even had swag!  I got a bag containing a Frisbee, a pair of good ink pens, and an "I got vaccinated today" sticker.  One of the staff will probably be wanting those pens.  She can go get vaccinated and get her own!
If in this life only we had hope of Christ, we would be the most pathetic of them all.  But now is Christ raised from the dead, the first of those who slept.  First Christ, then afterward those who belong to Christ when he comes.

darkstarrynight

I got my second shot of Moderna on Wednesday. I did not sleep at all Wednesday night, had chills and sweats, drank a lot of water all night. Yesterday I was very fatigued and continued with sweats and chills all day. I drank a lot of gatorade and water. I tried to do an online stretch exercise class and five minutes in I was winded, so I just did some minor stretching on my own. I finally slept well last night, waking up once for water. I am still kind of sweaty today, but otherwise I feel so much better. I took my temperature yesterday morning and afternoon, and never got a fever. I am so grateful to have the vaccine over covid.

secundem_artem

I've spent a number of afternoons working in the vaccine clinic run by our health professions college.  It's been quite a pleasure - nearly everybody smiles, says "thank you".  Everybody is patient, they're polite, they wait in line, and nobody tries to bust up to the front.

Until yesterday.  I was scheduling 2nd vaccine doses since yesterday's clinic was a first dose clinic.  All is well until Vaccine Karen cannot make the date we are scheduling.  How about 2 days earlier?  Nope.  She wants a specific day. 

I tell her I can't give her that date since we'll be running a mass vaccination clinic elsewhere and are not taking appointments.

Whine whine whine.  My friend is coming that day and she said she can get a vaccine that day.  Why can't I????

I have no idea since I'm just a volunteer working with what I've been told.  This was apparently the wrong response.  More whining.  Finally found a work around after 10 minutes.  Meanwhile, the people in line behind her continue to be polite and patient.

Privileged much?
Funeral by funeral, the academy advances

Sun_Worshiper

FYI, Staples is laminating vaccine cards for free

polly_mer

Quote from: Sun_Worshiper on March 27, 2021, 03:40:56 PM

Is that something that should be laminated?  Many records should not be laminated.
Quote from: hmaria1609 on June 27, 2019, 07:07:43 PM
Do whatever you want--I'm just the background dancer in your show!

lightning

Quote from: polly_mer on March 27, 2021, 06:08:22 PM

Is that something that should be laminated?  Many records should not be laminated.

There are articles being circulated about laminating the vaccination card, in order to keep it safe from constant use, because supposedly we will have to flash it a lot, in order to travel, enter sporting events, and other things like that.

I'm with you though. It's probably a bad idea because once the card becomes mandatory for accessing services and events, people will start counterfeiting them, and then laminated cards will no longer be considered valid cards. It can be tricky to remove the lamination.

ciao_yall

Quote from: lightning on March 27, 2021, 08:47:20 PM
Quote from: polly_mer on March 27, 2021, 06:08:22 PM

There are articles being circulated about laminating the vaccination card, in order to keep it safe from constant use, because supposedly we will have to flash it a lot, in order to travel, enter sporting events, and other things like that.

I'm with you though. It's probably a bad idea because once the card becomes mandatory for accessing services and events, people will start counterfeiting them, and then laminated cards will no longer be considered valid cards. It can be tricky to remove the lamination.

The cards seem pretty easy to counterfeit already. So if the Anonymous They want a more secure proof of immunity, Someone will need to come up with a more reliable solution.

darkstarrynight

I would not laminate the card. It has lines below the second shot for other boosters, which we may have to get in less than a year. Just get a slip cover for it like for a baseball card to protect it.

Langue_doc

New York State's Excelsior Pass, which can be downloaded on your phone or printed, provides proof of vaccination. The drawback is that the pass has to be renewed monthly as the expiration date is a month after signing up for the pass.
https://covid19vaccine.health.ny.gov/excelsior-pass-frequently-asked-questions#:~:text=lengths%20of%20validity.-,The%20COVID%2D19%20Vaccination%20Pass%20is%20currently%20valid%20for%2030,third%20day%20after%20a%20test.

polly_mer

Quote from: darkstarrynight on March 27, 2021, 09:55:08 PM
I would not laminate the card. It has lines below the second shot for other boosters, which we may have to get in less than a year. Just get a slip cover for it like for a baseball card to protect it.

Yes, I noticed those lines and, yes, an hour with a printer, stickers, and the card stock I already have seems sufficient to make dozens of new cards if one were inclined.
Quote from: hmaria1609 on June 27, 2019, 07:07:43 PM
Do whatever you want--I'm just the background dancer in your show!

dismalist

Got #2 at 2PM EDT. Was told to drink plenty of liquids. I'm assuming wine counts. :-)
That's not even wrong!
--Wolfgang Pauli

namazu

Quote from: dismalist on March 28, 2021, 12:26:20 PM
Got #2 at 2PM EDT. Was told to drink plenty of liquids. I'm assuming wine counts. :-)
Congratulations, and cheers!