News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

Vaccination nation

Started by downer, December 23, 2020, 07:05:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Economizer

I was asked by a government agency medical person to send my vaccination completion document to their offices. Scanning the document [ the vaccinations were done by non-governmental enterprise] was to be the means of transmission. There is no photo on the "proof" to link the "actual me" to the submission. There seems to be a lot of data leaks nowadays. So, what is the harm potential to me or others?
So, I tried to straighten everything out and guess what I got for it.  No, really, just guess!

apl68

Quote from: Puget on April 01, 2021, 12:57:31 PM
Quote from: Ruralguy on April 01, 2021, 10:10:38 AM
Well, its seems a better explanation than somehow an injury to one arm injured the other arm!

Maybe  experts out there have a more clear explanation for these sorts of symptoms?

Neuro person but not a pain expert--
I can think of two explanations:
1. At the level of the spinal cord, you have sensory nerves from the same area of each side of the body coming into the same area of spinal cord, so there could be cross-talk there leading to perception of pain in the same area on the opposite side.
2. At the level of the brain, there are always strong connections between homologous areas in each hemisphere via the corpus callosum, so there may also be some cross-talk among areas of the cortical pain network in each hemisphere.

I would have just said "crossed wires."  Seriously, though, this is pretty interesting.
If in this life only we had hope of Christ, we would be the most pathetic of them all.  But now is Christ raised from the dead, the first of those who slept.  First Christ, then afterward those who belong to Christ when he comes.

Tee_Bee

Quote from: Economizer on April 05, 2021, 02:07:29 AM
I was asked by a government agency medical person to send my vaccination completion document to their offices. Scanning the document [ the vaccinations were done by non-governmental enterprise] was to be the means of transmission. There is no photo on the "proof" to link the "actual me" to the submission. There seems to be a lot of data leaks nowadays. So, what is the harm potential to me or others?

I'm not persuaded that the data security issues are terribly worrying. The most sensitive data on the card seems to be one's date of birth. Given how much of our personal data are already floating around, this datum wouldn't be a big problem if it got loose, I think. I am open to being otherwise persuaded.

hmaria1609

DC Mayor Bowser announced an expansion for vaccine eligibility:
https://wtop.com/dc/2021/04/dc-coronavirus-update-april-5/
Also, restrictions will be relaxed starting May 1st.

In MD, mass vaccination sites will open tomorrow:
https://wtop.com/maryland/2021/04/md-to-open-mass-vaccination-sites-to-everyone-16-and-older-starting-tuesday/
Scroll past ad breaks to read the full article.

Posted on WTOP Radio online (4/5/21)

Economizer

Quote from: Tee_Bee on April 05, 2021, 04:25:42 PM
Quote from: Economizer on April 05, 2021, 02:07:29 AM

I'm not persuaded that the data security issues are terribly worrying. The most sensitive data on the card seems to be one's date of birth. Given how much of our personal data are already floating around, this datum wouldn't be a big problem if it got loose, I think. I am open to being otherwise persuaded.
Can the entire document be recreated from the scan?
So, I tried to straighten everything out and guess what I got for it.  No, really, just guess!

Sun_Worshiper

My wife got the J&J yesterday. Sore arm for an hour or so, but otherwise no side effects so far.

evil_physics_witchcraft

SO and I got our second dose of Moderna today.

secundem_artem

We vaccinated ~1100 in clinic today.  It makes me happy to see so many people believe that this disease is real and that the vaccine(s) are safe and effective.
Funeral by funeral, the academy advances

clean

QuoteSO and I got our second dose of Moderna today.

QuoteWe vaccinated ~1100 in clinic today.  It makes me happy to see so many people believe that this disease is real and that the vaccine(s) are safe and effective.

how are you feeling?
"The Emperor is not as forgiving as I am"  Darth Vader

evil_physics_witchcraft

Quote from: clean on April 09, 2021, 06:50:22 PM
QuoteSO and I got our second dose of Moderna today.

QuoteWe vaccinated ~1100 in clinic today.  It makes me happy to see so many people believe that this disease is real and that the vaccine(s) are safe and effective.

how are you feeling?

We have sore arms, but that's it for now. It's only been 6 hours, so we'll see...

evil_physics_witchcraft

Quote from: secundem_artem on April 09, 2021, 05:50:30 PM
We vaccinated ~1100 in clinic today.  It makes me happy to see so many people believe that this disease is real and that the vaccine(s) are safe and effective.

This is great! I talked with a student who had signed up for a vaccine, but changed her mind about it due to crap she saw on the news. Hopefully, she will go back. Our campus offers the vaccine, but I think there's a long waiting list.

Vkw10

As of today, every faculty and staff member in my department has received at least one dose of vaccine. A few student workers have asked to swap hours for vaccine appointments.
Enthusiasm is not a skill set. (MH)

evil_physics_witchcraft

17 hours later....

SO has a fever around 101 deg. F and has body aches. I am currently ok for the moment.

Edit: 'I am currently ok' means that my arm still hurts from yesterday, but that's about it.

cathwen

I got my second dose (Moderna) on Wednesday.  On Thursday, I came down with just about every single after-effect listed on the websites.  Fever of 103; headache; muscle and joint pain; dizziness; redness around the vaccination site; nausea.  I stayed in bed and due to the fever and joint/muscle pain, could barely move.  Getting up to go to the bathroom, I felt as though I was going to fall over.  (But I didn't.)

I was doing a lot better yesterday, and today I feel just about back to normal.

My husband didn't have any reaction at all other than a bit of soreness around the injection site. 

My daughters have all gotten their first shots, and so we are looking forward to a late spring/early summer reunion. 

AmLitHist

We're going for our second Moderna dose on Wednesday, and I've already got a lesson plan ready to throw on Blackboard for Thursday's class in case I have a reaction.  My arm still has a sore spot from the first shot on St. Patrick's Day; It doesn't ache or hurt all the time anymore, just when I touch it (but that level of pain only left about a week ago).  I usually don't have any problems with any kind of shots, but I want to be ready.