News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

Syllabus Treasure Hunt

Started by Juvenal, December 20, 2021, 10:02:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Juvenal

Well, this might be buried in some other thread title, but I post it again here:

https://www.insidehighered.com/quicktakes/2021/12/20/students-missed-chance-50-not-reading-syllabus

My question is, has anyone put an Easter Egg into your syllabus, too?  And had it found/not found?

I did, putting a completely wacko word in a sentence and wondering if anyone would ask me, "What's that all about?"  None did.  Either not read, or too uncertain that it would be a good idea to bring it up to the professor with the shaved head.
Cranky septuagenarian

little bongo

I'll have to admit to being a syllabus-skimmer at best as a student, so it's not impossible that I missed a few gems. Or I would have had tunnel-vision about it--if it didn't seem to have a direct bearing on what was due, when it was due, and how many points it was worth, I'd be likely to bleep over it. I wonder if I can re-train myself a bit.

mamselle

Two of us have posted it, you're number 3....

;--}

Should we hide 50.00 and post the clues in one of the fora threads that everyone skims...

...tee-hee...

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

Wahoo Redux

At my wife's suggestion, I put all kinds of Easter Eggs in my MP4s for my asynchronous online classes.  I can always tell who actually watched my "lectures" when I get my hidden assignments.
Come, fill the Cup, and in the fire of Spring
Your Winter-garment of Repentance fling:
The Bird of Time has but a little way
To flutter--and the Bird is on the Wing.