News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

Stabbing Pains?

Started by Juvenal, September 17, 2022, 02:23:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Juvenal

Oh, not that kind; the kind you get from an injection.  I went to an appointment this afternoon to get the "improved, augmented" COVID vaccine.  I've never (I suppose I should look at some frothy YouTube channels for doses of paranoia), never disliked or questioned a vaccine I received.  In the past year or so, the various COVIDS, up to today's; flu shot; tetanus booster; Shingrix, and the every month or so an eyeball injection to ward off macular degeneration in my remaining good eye.  Ah, modern medicine!  Fortunately, there has never been a needle phobia chez moi.  A needle in the eyeball?  What could be worse?  Blood donations?  Pooh!  Another phlebotomy?  Sure, go ahead.

Anyone else doing the whole megillah of the Pharm stuff to ward off COVID?  Even if you think it merely apotropaic?
Cranky septuagenarian

mamselle

So, are you saying that this time the injection was more painful than you expected?

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

Ruralguy

If you mean, have I gotten the recommended vaccinations, including boosters, then I would say yes. Sometimes various injections have been painful. I have never really thought it had much to do with the contents of the vax. They are all intra-muscular, and I think its just fairly easy to hit a sensitive spot. That being said, I know some people are sensitive to certain vaccines without being sensitive to all vaccines. I know that doesn't say much, but since I always have some sort of reaction, even if mild, and I live and don't get the disease I've vaxed for (yet), I haven't given it a lot of thought.

Juvenal

Quote from: mamselle on September 17, 2022, 02:39:59 PM
So, are you saying that this time the injection was more painful than you expected?

M.

Not at all.  No worse than other vaccinations, meaning a slight tenderness at the spot the day after.  The worst injections are dental.  They can make me wince.
Cranky septuagenarian

nebo113

Yup.  Am getting the whole megillah.  And just got flu shot, and dang, it hurt when the meds flowed in!  I've had the flu; I'd walk through hot coals and swim with sharks rather than get it again.

clean

I was trying to reply to this thread yesterday when my computer died (hard disk failure!!)  -  see vent!  (AND BACK UP YOUR COMPUTER, or regret at what would have been your leisure time!)

As for shots, in the last year, for sure, I have caught up on all my Grown Up shots.
I have had shingles (2 of them) shots,  Pneumonia (I will need another when I get to be 65 or so).  I got TDAP at the same time as the first shingles shot and pneumonia.   A week before I got the Flu shot at work. 
In addition I have had all 4 COVID shots.  As I tested positive for COVID for 3 full weeks in July, I understand that I should wait 3 months (until mid October) for the 'new improved' COVID shot.
I will get the new flu shot when it is offered at work. 
"The Emperor is not as forgiving as I am"  Darth Vader

apl68

I think there's another COVID booster available that I have yet to get.  I'll need to check up on that.  Otherwise I've not gotten any shots in a long, long time.
See, your King is coming to you, just and bringing salvation, gentle and lowly, and riding upon a donkey.