News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

NYT Spelling Bee

Started by nebo113, August 28, 2020, 05:56:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cathwen

Good morning!

No 2fer for me yesterday, either.  I do have one today, though.

QBABM yesterday.  My last word was also lilt!   QB with hints for the last two words today. 

On to the crossword!

Happy puzzling!

ab_grp

Good morning/afternoon!

I still have four more words, one of which is a pangram, so not at Alpha.  Husband has all the pangrams.  Congrats on your QBs, Langue_doc and cathwen! Wow!! Yesterday I only had two words left after the 4s, so I ended with utility, grittily.  It took me a while to find the pangram yesterday, I think.

No LB solution despite having just said yesterday how much I like to find math/stats terms in a 2fer.  I got curfews but not algebraic! Oh well.  Congrats on getting one today, cathwen!

Crossword wasn't too bad for a Saturday.  I think the SE gave me the most trouble today.

Happy solving!

Parasaurolophus

Three pangrams, easy genius for me. One of the pangrams is not very common in North American English.
I know it's a genus.

ab_grp

I picked up one more word, but still no third pangram.  Thanks for the tip, Parasaurolophus! I think that might be the one I'm missing.  Congrats!

ab_grp

Finally got the pangram and such after husband gave me another, similar hint.  I just do not think my mind would have gotten there, but I'll try to remember it for the future.  We had team QB after that, compared, and each got our words.  Rough! My hat is off to the QBs!

I have what I think is a pretty promising LB contender, but no mate yet.

ab_grp

ciao_yall

Morning!

Got all 3 pangrams yesterday. Funny, I remember getting hinging but now it's unchecked.

No 2fer yesterday but lots of 3fers.

Bushed. Long hike yesterday and I'm still tired. But big stack of grading from last week awaits.

Happy solving!

Langue_doc

Afternoon!

37 words so far.

solarium/monarchy

Easy two-fer today.

Happy solving, all!

ab_grp

Good morning/afternoon!

Still a ways to go on the bee today.  It took me forever to get to GN4L.  We are a bit tired from being up watching a movie.  Yesterday I finally got hiccough(ing) and then gnocchi.

Got half of the schmofficial solution, but my primary contender was different: asylum-maraschino.  I was glad to be able to make it work! Just saw Langue_doc had a different solution.  Congrats, and congrats on your 2fer today!

Crossword is extra today.  Whee.  It will probably be a while before I can finish that one.

I picked up another bee-like app and decided to give it a go but am still on the first puzzle at 760 points and have no idea how many words there are to find.  Too many common letters.  Scoring is same as for the bee, so that is a lot of words so far!! Yikes.

Happy Halloween and happy solving!

Parasaurolophus

Yeah, I haven't found today's pangram yet and am still a ways away from genius. That Z is tough!

(It's already rejected some Scrabble words, however.)
I know it's a genus.

cathwen

Good afternoon!

QB yesterday, although I needed a hint for the last couple of words.  My last word was chignon.

Today I found the pangram early on, but have been stuck on the last seven words. 

LB:  Lots of variety again!  My solution was harmonics-saucily. I have a 2fer today as well.

Happy solving!

ciao_yall

Today, GWP and several quick 2fers.

I did get to see the little witch hat on the Genius panel. Very cute!

Langue_doc

Just completed the crossword. My eyes are still blurry from peering at the small kindle screen.

ab_grp

Congrats on multiple 2fers, ciao_yall! I totally blew by the genius witch hat because I was so glad to finally be able to get the genius and enter my 4 letters.  And no witch hat on QB.  :-(

Langue_doc, I finally had to look at the crossword on my computer.  Ended up not being a theme-related issue, but ugh.  Glad you got through it.  I still have to redo the hard sudoku.  The pressure! Still haven't even looked at LB.

Just ETA that I needed Shunn for the final few words, so definitely impure QB.  I do not know what the deal was today, but it was really tough for me.

OneMoreYear

A quick break from the grading binge (going slowly--must simplify assignments) and a quick 2fer on the LB. Sounds like there are a lot of solutions. Will be fun to see tomorrow.