News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

NYT Spelling Bee

Started by nebo113, August 28, 2020, 05:56:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cathwen

Good morning!

I reached QB yesterday with massive amounts of help.  Indica, indicia, and condonation were my last words.  I would never have found them on my own.

Today I am at Beta with both pangrams. 

LB:  I had unbracing-godly.  I also have a 2fer today.

Ciao_yall, I kept seeing grabby, too, and wanting to use it! 

Happy puzzling!

ab_grp

Good morning!

Got to QBABM! We gave up and needed Shunn for the final few yesterday.  I couldn't believe I missed didactic, idiotic, having the related words, but obviously a little tired.  Diatonic was my final pangram as well.

No LB solution yesterday, so congrats, cathwen! And different from schmofficial! I also have a 2fer today! Congrats to ciao_yall and cathwen on 2fers today!

Another day of conference, plus husband booster + flu shot, so will get to sudokus later.

Happy solving!

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Made it to QB yesterday. Found diatonic and indicia by randomly putting letters together. The other words were all familiar words or words I'd seen in previous puzzles.

37 words, and 170 points so far.

Did my good deed for today by dropping off my absentee ballot.

Happy solving!

cathwen

QBABM!  After yesterday's struggle, this is very satisfying.

Congratulations on your 2fer, ciao_yall!  And to Langue_doc for voting. 

My husband and I just returned from voting in our municipal election, too.  Good parking lot, never any lines at the local library, our polling place.  I'm walking easily now, albeit with a cane, and have even taken some steps without it.  It occurred to me that I could qualify for a handicap parking tag, but I do just fine walking from normal parking spaces. 

Langue_doc

I'm walking easily now, albeit with a cane, and have even taken some steps without it.  It occurred to me that I could qualify for a handicap parking tag, but I do just fine walking from normal parking spaces.

cathwen, so glad to hear about your progress! You'll be able to ditch the cane soon.

Congrats to the Queen!

ab_grp

Congrats, cathwen! I felt the same way about getting to QB today.  Yesterday was rough!! It's great to hear that you are walking easily and are starting to move away from the cane!

And good job on the voting, Langue_doc and cathwen!

onthefringe

Good work to everyone who voted today and did well yesterday. I found two 2fers sharing unbracing-godly with cathwen and also finding unbraiding-glycol

ab_grp

Wow! Congrats on two 2fers, onthefringe! I had a couple that very nearly worked b4ss, but none of the words were those that you two had.

Parasaurolophus

Close, but no cigar tonight, I'm afraid.
I know it's a genus.

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Pangram and genius, but that's it as today's puzzle requires a lot of effort.

Yesterday's, on the other hand, was relatively easy. Lack was my last word. I thought hackle was a perfectly legit word, but the bee seemed to disagree.

Happy solving, all!

cathwen

Good morning!

QB-4 this morning, two 6L and two 7L missing. 

Langue_doc, I also tried hackle yesterday and was annoyed when it was rejected.  My last words were callback, lech, and aback

LB:  Onthefringe, congratulations on finding two solutions for Monday's LB!  For yesterday's, I had brickyard-dimple, so half of the "official" solution.  I have a 2fer today as well.

Happy solving!

ciao_yall

Morning!

SB - GW1P and then off to other things so never found checkable, backache, challah.

LB - bricked-damply.

Time for coffee!

ab_grp

Good morning/afternoon!

I still need one point to genius and am going to try to keep at it and get GN4L.  After the 4s, I have four more words left to QB (though I will have to find one to get to genius, so I guess 3).   Yesterday aback was my final word, and I also tried hackle.

Got the schmofficial solution yesterday.  Glad to see others! Congrats on already getting one today, cathwen!

Happy solving!

onthefringe

Shared half a 2fer with ciao_yall for the less efficient bickered-damply Glad to see some others!

Langue_doc

QB--mostly bee words, along with a couple of creative ones.

As for bricked/damply, the villain was trying to brick up the heroine but wasn't successful as it was raining and the bricks were damp...

I was reminded of The Cask of Amontillado when I saw this solution and have been trying to compose a story around damp bricks since then.