News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

NYT Spelling Bee

Started by nebo113, August 28, 2020, 05:56:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ab_grp

Good morning!

Got the pangram and finally to genius.  It seemed to take a bit, but then I got a few more after.  Still not quite at alpha.  Yesterday we each got to QBABO again! My final word was gonzo.  As for the two pangrams, I had gazillion right off the bat, but if I hadn't known about a second I might not have found analogizing!

And still no luck on LB despite many attempts.  Congrats on an interesting combo, Langue_doc!

Happy solving!

Parasaurolophus

Quick GWP this morning.
I know it's a genus.

cathwen

Good morning!

Yesterday my last word was the second pangram, analogizing.  This morning I'm at Beta with the pangram.  Five words to go, but where are they? 

LB:  I had sexual/liquefying.  No 2fer yet today! 

Happy puzzling!

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Genius, no pangram yet. Easy romp to QB yesterday--last word was hutch.

francized/dight (in case anyone is wondering what these mean, I haven't a clue)

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good morning!

Genius with pangram today, but I had a hard time finding it.  I'm kind of stalled at the moment.  Yesterday, my last words were touched and thudded.  I had both touch and touché as well as thud, so I was a bit annoyed with myself for not seeing them sooner.

LB:  No 2fer yesterday!  Congratulations on yours, Langue_doc, even though the meanings are opaque!  I have a 2fer today, but the second word is, to my mind, a little iffy.

Happy puzzling!

ab_grp

Good morning!

Finally got to genius with no pangram yet.  I had thought of several pangrams, none of which were accepted.  I thought that was a joke at first.  Husband had the same experience but eventually found the accepted pangram.  We each got to QBABO again yesterday, but I'm guessing that streak ends today! I think my last word was thou.

No luck again yesterday, but I didn't much time with drama going on.  Congrats on your solution, Langue_doc! I have no idea.  Looks like francized means to make foreign words easier to spell (is that meant to be ironic?!), and dight is an archaic word for clothed or equipped.  Good to know in case we need to use these in everyday sentences! Congrats on your 2fer today, cathwen! Iffy works!

Happy solving!

ciao_yall

Morning! QBwH for tutee which I always forget.

LB - close but it wouldn't accept the spelling franchized-digit. Langue_doc I took a wild guess at frantic-crazed-dight. Dight means to dress up/adorn.

I had many 3fers such as ranch-crafted-digitize, fir-ranched-digitize, eft-ranched-digitize, chafed-digitizer-ran, fed-digitizer-ranch but argh with the compounds!

ciao_yall

Hola!

QBwH for deadfall, flatbed.

LB prevailer-ramshackle, repriever-ramshackle. Losing streak broken!

cathwen

Good morning!

QBwH for deadfall and flatfeet.  (That's a single word??) Today I'm at Beta with the pangram.

LB:  I had revamp-pricklish.  I was surprised that the second word was accepted, but I'm not arguing.  Ciao_yall, congratulations on not one, but *two* combinations! 

No 2fer so far today.

Happy puzzling!

ab_grp

Good morning!

Got to genius with the pangram so far.  Yesterday the pangram was my 51st word!! I still had quite a few left when we compared, and then we needed Shunn for a couple (deadfall, delft).  I did remember flatfeet this time, and husband missed it this time. 

For LB I had mavericks-shlep.  I thought the first word had to be part of the schmofficial solution and was right but also wondered if I had cathwen's solution because of the iffy second word.  Wrong on that count! Congrats on your 2fer, cathwen, and on both of yours, ciao_yall! Lots of solutions! Wow! I am glad to have my losing streak broken as well, but it also comes with breaking my winning QB streak.  Hmm.

Happy solving!

Langue_doc

Good morning!

QB and an easy twofer.

Missed defat, defatted, and deadfall. I recall coming up with the first two in an earlier puzzle. Autocorrect keeps trying to correct the first word, so I'm not sure how this one made it to the bee list!

Happy solving!

Parasaurolophus

Another failure I'll have to finish in the morning.
I know it's a genus.

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Pangram (phew!) and above genius. Last word yesterday was caiman.

wrathful/limbo

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good morning!

Genius with pangram, which took me a while to find.  Yesterday my last words were maniac and minicam, both of which I usually see fairly early on. 

LB:  I had faithful-lobworm.  The second word was (as you might have suspected) a wild guess that took.  A lobworm is apparently a kind of earthworm. 

Happy puzzling!

ciao_yall

Morning!

QB, Needed a hint for catmint. LB just 3fers yesterday awful-limb-broth, with-harmful-lob.

Let's see what today brings. Happy solving!