News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

NYT Spelling Bee

Started by nebo113, August 28, 2020, 05:56:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Pangram and almost QB. I need either a five-letter word, or five four-letter words. Last word yesterday was luau, which I've seen umpteen times.

glazier/runouts, organizes/sultan

Happy solving!

ETA: QB-- all it took was a five-letter word.

ab_grp

Good morning/afternoon!

Got to genius with pangram. Congrats on your QBABYs, cathwen and Langue_doc! I hope to be as successful as you both! We both needed help yesterday for caudal, and I was also missing calculi.

For LB, I also had glazier-runouts and never went back to find another.  Congrats on both of yours, Langue_doc! And congrats on your 2fer today, cathwen!

Cathwen, I'm glad you got home safely and had such a nice trip. 

Happy solving!

ciao_yall

QBwH for caudal, calcul here as well. LB organizes-salute. It wouldn't take my first try for the second word, which was obscene. 2fer today as well which is a bit long so may go back and try to shorten it. Or not...

Yes, still in Hawaii. Went scuba diving yesterday and it was wonderful, but sad to see the coral in such rough shape. Still some beautiful fish and got to hear the whales underwater! Very cool.

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good afternoon!

Last word yesterday was cicada.  Today I need three more words.  I may need letter hints!

LB: I had naturalizes-slog.  Lots of variety this time! I have a 2fer today also.

Hawaii sounds wonderful, ciao_yall!  It must have been thrilling to hear whales. 

Happy puzzling!

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Pangram and above genius, but I'm already exhausted trying to find words with today's letters. Last word yesterday was kabob.

farthing/gleamed, flamed/dithering

Effortless twofer already.

Happy solving!

ab_grp

Good morning!

I got to genius with the pangram but am also exhausted.  I'll try again later.  Yesterday we had team QB.  I needed help with cuckoo, cockatoo, sensing a pattern here.

I also had farthing-gleamed yesterday for LB.  Congrats on two 2fers, Langue_doc, and another today!

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good morning!

Here's another exhausted puzzler at genius with the pangram.  How can there be that many more words in this puzzle?  Ugh! Yesterday I needed help for babka, cockatoo, and kabob.

LB:  I had flamer-righthand.  I have a 2fer today as well.

Happy puzzling!

ciao_yall

QBwH for a few reminders. Last word cuckoo. LB grandfathering-glam.

Last full day in Hawaii - leaving tomorrow! Going to see a friend's plumeria farm - talk about living the dream...

Happy solving!

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Pangram and above genius. Missed photog yesterday.

dint/throwback

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good morning!

Genius with pangram this morning.  Yesterday my last words were rapport, hoorah, and (of all things) tooth. I got photog by accident.

LB:  I had the "official" botch-handiwork.  Congratulations on your solution, Langue_doc!  I have a 2fer today also. 

Happy puzzling!

ab_grp

Good morning!

Got to genius with the pangram, maybe a bit past.  Yesterday I needed help with aorta, grog, propagator, and we both needed help with hoorah.

For LB, I had throwback-kind.  Congrats on yours, Langue_doc and cathwen (and another today)!

Safe travels, ciao_yall.  I hope you are not caught up in the plane issues at the end of your trip as well.

Happy solving!

ETA: Did anyone else have login issues yesterday with NYT games? I was fine on bee and LB, but sudoku kept telling me to subscribe or login, and this morning Wordle told me I had only one day streak to add to?!!! I guess my streak is gone.  Luckily, I don't care that much, but that's annoying!

Also adding that I thought topograph was a word and could have been another pangram yesterday.

ciao_yall

QBwH, last word gotta. LB botch-handiwork.

Plenty of plane time today so will hopefully achieve QBABM and a 2fer before landing.

Catch you on the other side!

cathwen

Safe travels, ciao_yall!

I also had topograph yesterday as well as well as orthograph, both of which were rejected.  Sigh.

Ab_grp, I did not have trouble with the puzzle site(s) yesterday, but this morning the sudoku site was going nuts!  Finally, I was able to access it.  I haven't had any trouble with Wordle or anything else.

ab_grp

Cathwen, thanks for the info about the wonky site.  I wonder what is going on.  Strangely, I do Wordle in my phone app and do sudoku on the web site on my computer, so I don't think I was just not logged in on one or the other device.  I didn't see any big postings online, so I guess maybe it's just little weirdnesses here and there.  Oh yeah... I did notice that they added an option in the app to share that you got QB! Anyone else see that?

Also, I'm glad you also thought topograph should work, and orthograph is a good one, too!

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Pangram and above genius. Missed limn yesterday--tried all kinds of variations and permutations to find the missing four-letter word, but forgot all about limn!

variable/enchants (I think)

ab_grp, I usually do the puzzles when they come out at 10 PM, wordle at midnight if I'm still up, and the bee as soon as I get up, so I must have missed the snafu that you experienced during the day.

Happy solving!