Previous topic - Next topic

Langue_doc

Afternoon!

QB with BB, same story yesterday.

The sun's out, but quite muggy.

Happy solving!

ciao_yall

Morning!

QBwH, last word arcadia. LB furbabies-shouty.

Happy solving!

ab_grp

Good morning!

Got the pangram, not quite to genius yet.  Yesterday we needed bee buddy for acidy, didact(ic), and maybe one more? Should have gotten the latter, at least.

No luck on LB again! I had safety but probably wouldn't have thought of biosafety and looked for rh- words but didn't think of rhubarb.  Oh well!

I hope the mugginess clears up some for you, Langue_doc!

Happy solving!

ETA: Congrats on your 2fer, ciao_yall!  I think I like your solution better than the schmofficial one.  When I previewed my post it said another post had been added, but it didn't show anything new. ?!  Not sure how I'm supposed to try to view the additional post(s), so I just posted and came back to edit.  The old software or what have you would show new posts when I previewed.  Maybe I just didn't have enough coffee yet.

cathwen

Good morning!

Unexpectedly, I got to QBABM yesterday! Last words were arcadia and carat. Today I'm at QB-3 with the pangram.

LB: I love ciao_yall's pair! Shouty furbabies! Mine was refurbish-statutory. I found a 2fer today also.

Happy puzzling!

Langue_doc

Afternoon!

QB with BB's help.

Happy solving!

ab_grp

Good morning!

Got to genius with the pangrams so far.  Yesterday we had team QB, but I needed conceit, nontoxic, tontine, niteTontine hasn't been in there in a while! And I had tried tonite with no luck so didn't even think about the shorter part.

For LB I got bromide-equant.  Didn't know the latter was a word but tried it with the remaining letters.  Many better contenders got me nowhere.

We get our furniture today, finally, so lots to clear out of the way.

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good afternoon!

QB with 1L help to find conceit, notice, tontine. Today I am well above genius with the pangrams, but stuck on the remaining words.

LB: I also had bromide-equant. I had to look up the equant, as it is a new word for me.  Today I have not yet found a 2fer, but I have some good contenders.

Enjoy your new furniture, ab_grp!

Happy puzzling!

ciao_yall

Morning!

QBwH and a new-but-forgotten word tontine. LB - after zillions of 3fers and 2fer b4ss I went to the hints for quotidian-number.

Happy solving!

Langue_doc

Afternoon!

Pangram and above genius. Will have to rely on BB later tonight.

Congrats on your new furniture, ab_grp.

Happy solving!

ab_grp

Thanks about the furniture! Kind of a funny (or sad) thing is that the guys who delivered it said they had been here four or five years ago? I realized they delivered the only other piece of furniture we have bought since we lived here, a loveseat recliner to read on together on, back on Valentine's Day 2017.  I told them as much.  They have good memories! Said we'll see them again in a couple years when we buy more furniture, I guess! We have already put the new furniture to work, but the leather love seat is a little deep for me (like my feet don't touch the ground), so I will make some adjustments with pillows and blankets and try not to slip off onto the floor.  Even though we don't care that much about style or decor, I feel a little more like an adult having a real coffee table instead of a storage container.  This probably sounds ridiculous. 

I am having some real trouble with the bee today.  I have barely been able to get anywhere since genius.  And no 2fer yet.  Congrats on your solutions yesterday, cathwen and ciao_yall! Cathwen, thanks to you looking up the word neither of us knew rather than just using it and abandoning it unknown, I have now looked it up as well.  ;-)

ciao_yall

Finally went to SBB and hints for LB. Tricky ones today!

ab_grp

Good morning!

Got past genius with pangram so far.  I actually made it to QBABM yesterday.  I think my final words were pinioning, phono.  Husband also made it a minute later with the same last word (the latter).

No luck on LB despite much effort!

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good morning!

Congratulations on QBABY, ab_grp! I caved and went to hints to find phono, opinion, pinion, pinioned. All words that I should have gotten on my own. Today I sailed to genius with the pangram rather quickly, but now I am stuck.

LB: I had carbonics-satisfy. Quick 2fer today as well.

Yesterday my husband and I took a walk for the first time in about two weeks; it's just been too hot and muggy to spend time outdoors. We saw a number of painted turtles, some of them with just their little heads sticking up through the algae-covered pond. Others looked like algae-covered rocks until you looked more closely. There were two mother wood ducks with a whole bunch of little ones swimming around. So cute! It was great to be outdoors again.

Happy puzzling!

ciao_yall

Morning!

QBhH for pinioning which I guess is a word. After a tangle of 2fer b4ss bonfires-sanctity, sot-beneficiary, and 3fers coming out of my ears I finally went to hints for cybernetics-sofa, obeyers-satisfaction.

2fer this morning with a word I thought I made up.

Langue_doc

Afternoon!

QB thanks to BB.

I've missed several crosswords in a row, excluding the ones on Monday and Tuesday.

Happy solving!