News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

NYT Spelling Bee

Started by nebo113, August 28, 2020, 05:56:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ab_grp

Got a 2fer! Couple more words to go on the bee.

Langue_doc, I could have happily skipped today's crossword, so in my opinion you are not missing out.  Just not one I was a fan of.  Sometimes Thursdays are more clever than enjoyable.

ab_grp

Good morning!

Didn't really start yet today, but it looks like a long one.  Yesterday I almost got to QBABM, but we did have team QB at least.  I was missing halva.  Darn those other spellings!

For LB I had industrials-shop.

Happy solving!

ciao_yall

Morning!

QB-1ABM even with some oddball words. Finally relented to checking the grid and I was missing valve. Gah.

LB protonations-should. Thought I made up the word but it turns out it's related to physics.

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good afternoon!

I needed BB help yesterday to find halva and helve, a word I'd never heard before. Today I am at genius with one of the two pangrams and a way to go yet.

LB: I had populations-shard. No 2fer yet today, though, despite some very good words.

Happy puzzling!

Langue_doc

Afternoon!

Pangram and above genius. I've seen helve before--the first time I missed it, but have remembered to enter it on at least three subsequent bees.

Happy solving!

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Pangram and above genius. Didn't get back to the bee yesterday.

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good morning!

Genius with the pangram this morning. I don't have many words to go, but they are, so far, eluding me. Yesterday I ran out of time and needed a 2LL nudge to find coca, cranny, rayon, macro, arcana, and canyon, all of which I should have seen and have gotten before. But my last word was monocracy, which I would probably never have guessed.

LB: I had the "official" iceberg-greyhound. I found a 2fer today also.

Happy puzzling!

ab_grp

Good morning!

Got pangram and genius.  Looks like I have 5 words to go.  Yesterday was not great.  It took me a long time to find the second pangram (monocracy).  We each needed a bunch of words when we finally compared.  By some miracle, we had team QB.  I know I was missing some pretty easy ones (or ones I usually get), like canna, carny, coronary.  I got the harder ones! Ugh.

No luck on LB again! Congrats, cathwen! And on another today!

Happy solving!

ciao_yall

Morning!

QB with hints, last word macro. Probably could have done it ABM but when they get long I am ready to be done.

LB - after a rather unwieldy 2fer b4ss neighbourhood-dicey I got a nudge for iceberg-greyhound.

Quick 2fer this morning.

Happy solving!

ab_grp

I finally made it to QBABM after quite a lot of wheel spinning! Haven't tried LB yet.  Congrats on your 2fer, ciao_yall!

Langue_doc

Morning!

Pangram and genius. Might not have internet for the next few days.

Happy solving!

ab_grp

Good morning!

Got pangram and to a bit past genius so far.  Yesterday I got QBABM with final word mohel

For LB I had harmful-locknut.

Hope your non-internet days are good ones, Langue_doc!

Happy solving!

ciao_yall

Morning!

QBwG last word emcee. LB comfort-thankful.

Happy solving!

ab_grp

Good morning!

Got the pangram and to genius or a bit past so far.  Yesterday we each had a few left but almost had team QB.  We needed bee buddy for amour.  I think I had tried amor and given up.

For LB I had the schmofficial sympathizer-rev or ring sympathizer~revs.  Lots of good long contenders before that went nowhere!

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good morning!

We spent yesterday at the Yankees' game, so I only really got to the Bee—I needed a hint for the last word, murmur.

LB: No 2fer yesterday, but I found one today.

I'm not a huge fan of any sport, but I like going to baseball games in stadiums (as opposed to watching games on TV). I like to watch the people, and I can get into the game when it's happening in front of me (and my husband's enthusiasm is contagious). I have one requirement: Seats in the shade. That meant that we were in the nosebleed section, under an overhang, but we had a good view of the field, and it was nice and shady. Lunch was hot dogs and beer! How could it not be? A good day, but tiring. And the Yankees won.

Happy puzzling!