News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

NYT Spelling Bee

Started by nebo113, August 28, 2020, 05:56:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ab_grp

Aww, man! Maybe I eventually would have gotten to your solution, Langue_doc. Congrats! And congrats on another QB!

cathwen

Good morning!

QBwH to find payphone and phooey. I am a little beyond genius with the pangram today, but have a way to go.

LB: I had parochial-luxuriate. No 2fer yet today.

Happy puzzling!

ciao_yall

Morning!

QBw2LL because I realized I kept wishing I could put in hyphenate but forgot to just put in hyphen.

LB circled around roc-chapel-luxuriate, luxuriate-epoch before getting a hint for parochial-luxuriate.

Let's see how today goes - Genius and 3fers but haven't had coffee yet.

Happy solving!

ab_grp

Good morning!

Got the pangrams and to or a bit past genius so far.  Yesterday we failed to get team QB, needing bee buddy help with cringy.

No luck on LB, though I don't think there's a chance in heck I would have gotten the schmofficial solution, again! They are really digging into the weird words recently IMO.

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good morning!

QBwH; last word arnica. Today I have both pangrams and am beyond genius.

LB: I had enriches-scumbag. I have a 2fer today, too, but the first word seems iffy, even though it was accepted.

Happy puzzling!

ciao_yall

Morning!

QBABM! Last word narc.

LB - Had 2fer b4ss coming out of my ears such as hernias-scumbag, finally got a hint for brunches-sigma. Yeah, they have been trickier lately.

Happy solving!

ab_grp

Congrats on your 2fers yesterday and today, cathwen!

And congrats on your QBABY, ciao_yall!

Langue_doc

Afternoon!

QB today with help from BB. Last word yesterday was arcana.

rhumba/agencies

QuoteNo luck on LB, though I don't think there's a chance in heck I would have gotten the schmofficial solution, again! They are really digging into the weird words recently IMO.
Indeed!

Happy solving!

ab_grp

Good morning!

Got the pangram and to genius so far.  Yesterday we needed bee buddy for a few: lieu,endue(d).

For LB I got astronauts-scrimpy.  Langue_doc, congrats on your rhumba- solution! I had that part but couldn't find a mate.  I don't know whether to feel happy that I was on the right track when this happens or kick myself that I didn't pursue that lead further...

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good morning!

QBwSBB to find endue/d, leucine. Today I'm a bit beyond genius with the pangram.

LB: Lots of solutions this time! I had impost-truancy. Impost was a guess, and I was surprised that it took.

I'm sad that Digits will be going away on August 8. I've enjoyed that puzzle. I wonder how long Connections will remain? I like that one, too.

Anyway...happy puzzling!

ciao_yall

Morning!

QBwH to find leucine. And after a zillion 2fer b4ss solutions I went to LB hints to find the rather odd rainstorms-scrumpy, astronauts-scrimpy.

Quick run to genius and a 2fer this morning.

Happy solving!

Langue_doc

Afternoon or evening!

Pangram and above genius. Don't remember the last words from yesterday's BB list.

constraints/stumpy

I too will miss Digits. The puzzles have become much easier since the announcement of its demise. In addition to Connections I've been doing Red Herring, probably only available on Kindles. The latter is slightly more complex because there are left-over words, hence the "red herring" moniker.

Happy solving!

ab_grp

Got a quick 2fer! Still slogging away at the bee, though.

I never ended up getting too into Digits but do enjoy Connections now that I've figured out the trick.  Red Herring is a lot of fun with some additional challenge to it.  Thanks again for introducing me to it, Langue_doc!

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Pangram and just above genius. It's a slow one today, despite the familiar words.

QB yesterday, thanks to BB for acetal and lacteal.

swings/squarely, liqueurs/swaying

Happy solving!

ab_grp

Good morning!

Got the pangram and headed toward genius.  Yesterday we had team QB, but I needed help with abettal, abject, ejecta.

For LB I had inquiringly-yawners.  Congrats on your two 2fers, Langue_doc!

Happy solving!