Main Menu

NYT Spelling Bee

Started by nebo113, August 28, 2020, 05:56:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ciao_yall

QBwH for falloff. And chia-adjustable.

Happy solving!

ab_grp

Hope you recover quickly from the booster, Langue_doc!

cathwen

Good afternoon!

QBABM yesterday with afoul as my last word.  I'm within a couple of words from QB today. 

LB:  I also had the "official" chia-adjustable.  No 2fer yet today, in spite of some decent contenders.

Langue_doc, I hope you feel better soon!   I also had a strong reaction to the most recent booster, but it was mainly overnight.  No fun!

Happy puzzling!

ab_grp

Finally got a 2fer!

Congrats on your QBABY yesterday, cathwen! Wishing you good luck today.

Parasaurolophus

I know it's a genus.

ciao_yall

QBwG, last word was heeled I think. LB bambino-outfoxes.

Happy solving!

ab_grp

Good morning!

Man, I am struggling today.  I am not to genius yet but do have the pangram.  Yesterday we almost had team QB but were missing haka again.  And though I got them last time, this time I was missing deadhead(ed), dacha and also lech.

For LB, I had infamous-subtext, which appears to be schmofficial.  Congrats, ciao_yall!

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good afternoon!

QBw1L hint for last word, lech.  Today, I agree, is quite a struggle!  I just got to genius, but it took a long time.  I can't imagine reaching QB today without hints.

LB:  Darn! I saw both outfoxes and subtext yesterday, but did not see the words that went with them!  Today I have a 2fer, although it seems a little odd.  If I have time (ha!), I'll try for something more normal.

Happy puzzling!

ciao_yall

Quote from: cathwen on October 13, 2022, 09:38:05 AM
Good afternoon!

QBw1L hint for last word, lech.  Today, I agree, is quite a struggle!  I just got to genius, but it took a long time.  I can't imagine reaching QB today without hints.

LB:  Darn! I saw both outfoxes and subtext yesterday, but did not see the words that went with them!  Today I have a 2fer, although it seems a little odd.  If I have time (ha!), I'll try for something more normal.

Happy puzzling!

I saw outfoxes pretty quickly, then made a 3fer amino-outfoxes-sub. Stared at it and wondered if bambino was a word, and the rest is history.

Congrats on a 2fer today - weird counts!

Langue_doc

Afternoon!

cathwen and ab_grp, I was relieved to see that you found today's bee to be a struggle--I attributed my difficulties to the aftereffects of the booster. Thank you both for your good wishes. Yesterday felt as though  I had been run over by a train, so other than drinking plenty of water and taking tylenol as instructed, and a few forays onto my desktop, I slept most of the day.

I found the pangram early on, but it was an uphill struggle to get to genius. There were times when I thought I'd never make it to genius, which would have been my first non-genius bee.

I missed ahead, but distinctly remember typing this word quite early in the puzzle.

Found the twofer at one in the morning--bambino/outfoxes; the solution for the previous day was adjustable/ethic

I'm way behind with the crosswords; missed wordle yesterday; it took me 6 minutes to solve the easy sudoku, which usually takes me around 3 minutes.

Still under the weather with a temperature and poor coordination. I hope that there aren't any more new variants as these boosters will probably be the death of me.

On that unhappy note, happy solving!

ETA: found a twofer this morning.

ab_grp

I'm sorry this booster has been taking it out of you so much, Langue_doc! At least today sounds a bit better, but continued good wishes to you! Good luck with any puzzles you feel like catching up on.  Yesterday was probably a good day to miss Wordle, in my opinion.  I think the crossword today was a little tough (and a little annoying), even for a Thursday.  I am amazed that you still got a 2fer for yesterday's! Congrats on that and on getting another today!

Congrats to you as well for your 2fers yesterday and today, cathwen!

I finally straggled across the genius line but haven't returned to the slog yet.  And I have some good-ish contenders but no 2fer to report.

ab_grp

Good morning!

Finally got to genius.  The two pangrams took me a bit.  Yesterday I had a heck of a lot of words left, and we still didn't have team QB.  We needed help for noir, coir.  I needed help for confront, contrition, rotor, and some others.

No luck on LB! I tried and tried and had so many good contenders.  Lots of compound words, just not the right one.  Darn it!

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good morning!

It was a steep climb to genius this morning, but little by little, I have gotten to Beta with both pangrams.  I don't see QB in my future without help.  Yesterday was difficult, too; I resorted to hints for citric, nitric, ricin, and triton, which was my last word.

LB:  I had blowdowns-sacristan.  No 2fer yet today, in spite of some terrific words!

Langue_doc, I hope you're feeling better today!

Happy puzzling!

ciao_yall

Morning!

QBwH for rococo and a few other easy ones I had overlooked. LB catbirds-slowdown.

Happy solving!

Langue_doc

Afternoon!

Slow climb to almost 300 points with two pangrams, but that's probably it for today. Missed a few words yesterday.

railbird/downcast

Thanks, cathwen and ab_grp--I'm almost human today. Can't even begin to think of what things would be like were I to get infected with any of the variants.

Happy solving!