Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

NYT Spelling Bee

Started by nebo113, August 28, 2020, 05:56:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ab_grp

Quote from: ciao_yall on November 13, 2022, 10:10:50 AM
Got a 1fer today. Wow.

WOW! I think that is our first? Congrats, ciao_yall!!

Langue_doc

Quote from: ab_grp on November 13, 2022, 10:21:39 AM
Quote from: ciao_yall on November 13, 2022, 10:10:50 AM
Got a 1fer today. Wow.

WOW! I think that is our first? Congrats, ciao_yall!!

It wasn't too difficult. Put on your academic hats, and you'll all spot it.

cathwen

ab_grp

Count me in for the 1fer as well! Yay! I wonder if that will be the schmofficial solution.  Maybe I'll try to find a 2fer as well if I get time.  That was exciting, though.

Parasaurolophus

I know it's a genus.

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Pangram and above genius. Missed dietetic and eidetic--I think I've seen both before.

lexicography--woohoo!

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good morning!

Yesterday dietetic and eidetic were also my last words, found with 2LL hints.  Today I am at Alpha with five words to go.

LB:  I also had lexicography!  No 2fer yet today.  I thought I had one, but then noticed that one letter was unused.  Back to square 1!

Happy puzzling!

Parasaurolophus

I know it's a genus.

ciao_yall

QBwATHICG for eidetic. And lexicography - I recall it was once almost a solution, b4ss.

Happy solving!

ab_grp

Good morning!

Got to genius with pangram pretty easily today also.  Yesterday I was missing a few words such as deice(d), indecent, dietetic, eidetic.  Ugh! We did have team QB, at least.

Also got lexicography! I guess that's what all the buzz on Twitter was about that I should have paid attention to earlier.  I see there was a 2fer solution provided, but I never did find a mate for geographic(al), and I certainly don't think I would have found calyx.

Cathwen, I hope your visit went well or is still going well if it's still ongoing!

Happy solving!

ab_grp

Whew, finally got a 2fer after a lot of tries.  And I'm down to 3 words on the bee but am currently stuck again.

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Pangrams and well above genius so far. Last word yesterday was cabala, which I've seen umpteen times before.

prefaced/division

NYT Games has been eerily silent about the onefer.

Happy solving!

ETA: QB--familiar words all, and twofer.

ciao_yall

Morning! QBwH to remember allele. LB provisioned-deface, prefaced-division, preface-envisioned.

Quick 2fer this morning and so, back to the bee.

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good morning!

QBABM yesterday!  Last word was blah.  Today I have only a few words to go.

LB: I also had prefaced-division.  I found one today, but not quickly, like ciao_yall!

Happy puzzling!

ab_grp

Good morning!

Got to genius with the pangrams pretty quickly.  Congrats on your QBABY, Langue_doc! Yesterday I almost had QBABM but couldn't find the last word (allele, again!!) by the time we quit and compared.  We did have team QB at least.  Congrats on your QBABY, cathwen!

For LB, I had faced-disproven, which I think is a new one to the list.  Tons of solutions! Congrats on so many, ciao_yall! And congrats on all your 2fers today! I haven't looked yet but hope it is as easy for me.  I guess I am also surprised not to have seen more hullabaloo about the onefer!

Happy solving!