News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

NYT Spelling Bee

Started by nebo113, August 28, 2020, 05:56:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ab_grp

Thanks, Langue_doc! I have allergies but maybe not as robust a vocabulary. ;-) Or maybe the allergies are not bad enough, which I will be thankful for.  Good luck with the assignments.  Sounds pretty yuck.  I am trying to look at the teaching thread but am having a hard time getting particular pages to load on this site for some reason.

Sorry to hear there are still struggles with the pangram! If a hint would help, let me know.  Good luck!

Still working on LB.  I also finally finished today's medium sudoku and tried to move back to the hard one, only to find out it had switched to tomorrow's. :-(

Glad you are both feeling well, ciao_yall and cathwen!

Langue_doc

Spoiler alert.

The pangram is a compound, familiar word. I tried hiphop, but no luck.

Glad to hear that there were no side effects. Be warned, though, that there are going to be side effects after the next shot.

Crosswords and sudokus do come out early on weekends.

ciao_yall

Finally gave up on the LB and went to the online solver for a hint. /headsmack Let me know if you want a hint.

Thanks for the tip on SB, will stare at compounds and see what comes up.

Langue_doc

Just sent you a hint, ciao_yall.

Gave up on LB eons ago, and also my attempts to reach QB.

cathwen

Good morning, everyone!

Yesterday was not a successful puzzle day for me.  I did get to genius, st least, on SB, but even with Langue_doc's hint, did not find toothpick!  Oh well.

And I did not get LB, either.  Funny that tequila did not occur to me—that is my daughter's cat's name (my grandcat). But I did find a 2-fer today, after a bit of frustration.

SB is coming along slowly.  I'm at great, but will keep working on it.

Langue_doc

Morning!

Sorry to hear about your puzzle woes, cathwen, but on the bright side, you did get a two-fer today, which is quite an accomplishment.

I made it to genius, but no pangram yet. Lots of similar ending words today. Pangram looks as unattainable as something on the moon.

Happy solving, all.

cathwen

I just made it to genius, too, and no pangram.

ab_grp

Good morning!

I'm at about 138 today with one pangram.  I'm sure you will figure it out!

Congrats on the 2fer today, cathwen! I had no luck with yesterday's, despite lots of contenders.  I could not figure out what to do with the W and H.  Lots of interesting letters in there today.

Gotta try to get the hard sudoku done so I don't run into the same problem as yesterday, as I will be trapped in a call when the puzzles turn over.  I just lost track of it yesterday.

Have fun!

ciao_yall

SB - Thanks Langue_doc for the hint yesterday! Getting started this morning. Slow... more coffee.

LB - With a little hint from the solver app I got tequila-anyhow which was the official solution. Were there any others? Today's looks tricky. Getting some within-6-words solutions using lots of short words so maybe I'm getting somewhere.

ciao_yall

Fun fact - TEQUILA was a pangram for the newspaper version of the Bee some time ago. I didn't get it then, either.

ab_grp

Anyone having any luck with the bee? I got to Alpha a couple hours ago (151) but have made absolutely no further progress.  Still 16 or 17 more points to go? Husband hasn't found the pangram yet.

Still no LB progress either, nor a solution to today's hard sudoku.  Ugh!

Parasaurolophus

I've done very poorly these last few days--haven't even made it to genius, although I've been just a point or two shy.
I know it's a genus.

Langue_doc

No progress since morning. I haven't been around much, so haven't had any time to figure out the pangram.

ciao_yall

SB - Genius, no pangram. And I'm cranky because it wouldn't take a bunch of words that it seems it should have.

LB - Finally hit a 2fer. Went to the letterboxed site and once I realized I already had the first word, the second word popped out.

Parasaurolophus

Finally made it to genius today. Got the pangram early on, though.
I know it's a genus.