News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

NYT Spelling Bee

Started by nebo113, August 28, 2020, 05:56:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ciao_yall

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on March 07, 2021, 09:28:57 PM
Finally made it to genius today. Got the pangram early on, though.

Congrats! Great feeling, isn't it? I never did get the pangram. And I was crabby because it wouldn't take a bunch of words it seemed it should have - annatto, natto, titian...

LB got fugitive-empower which was the official solution. Didn't seem to have any other paths - did any of you come up with anything else?

Langue_doc

Good morning!

You're up early, ciao_yall.

Nationhood!!! As for today, got the pangram and got to genius. Haven't looked at LB yet.

Happy solving, all.

ciao_yall

Quote from: Langue_doc on March 08, 2021, 06:41:54 AM
Good morning!

You're up early, ciao_yall.

Nationhood!!! As for today, got the pangram and got to genius. Haven't looked at LB yet.

Happy solving, all.

A bit. They are doing water testing in our building so I need to be showered early, before I run my pre-class errands.

SB - 2 pangrams and genius.

LB - quick 3fer, so 2fer should be close.

Parasaurolophus

Had an easy time of it this morning. Am a bit past genius with the two pangrams.
I know it's a genus.

Langue_doc

I've been frantically looking for the second pangram--turns out that I found it early on. The things you miss when you do the puzzles on the Kindle without turning on the light or putting on your glasses!

cathwen

Good morning, and congratulations on the various successes!

I got to Alpha yesterday--found the pangram late, but missed (once again!!!) attaint, plus a couple of other words. 

Today's SB is at genius, with both pangrams. 

I also got fugitive-empower for yesterday's LB.  I've found a 2-fer today as well.

ab_grp

Good morning!

I missed initiation and tahini yesterday.  Sorry attaint got you again, cathwen! Am at 212 today, so Alpha so far.  I had overlooked having gotten a second pangram as well until husband mentioned he had two but was a good bit behind me on points.  One was more obvious, I guess.

Congrats on the 2fers yesterday, ciao_yall and cathwen.  I had no luck with it, and husband even looked at it but also could not figure anything out.  And congrats on yours today, cathwen! Ciao_yall, I'm sure you will get one as well.

A word from a recent puzzle was in the crossword today.  Not sure why Rex P. hated this one so much, though it is a little cutesy without much payoff.  Trying too hard, maybe.

Have fun!

ab_grp

Too late to edit, but I did get to QB.  Not too tough today.  Just the two pangrams.  Good luck!

ciao_yall

Still stuck at 3fers and 2fer b4ss so hope something will pop soon.

ab_grp

Did you have any luck getting a 2fer, ciao_yall? I have about a thousand pretty good contenders but cannot make a match! However, there is a b4ss that may not actually be a word but that has now put an earworm in my head.  It's from a TV show I do not remember at all from the 80s but for which I apparently know all the words to the theme song.  It has been playing in my head all afternoon, and I have caught myself singing it aloud.  ARGH.  I admit that it's pretty catchy, though.

cathwen

Congratulations on QB, ab_grp!  I am at 212 points, Alpha, but not at all sure where the other 18 points will come from.  I am dying to know what tune from which 80s TV show has been playing in your head!

Langue_doc

Congrats QBs and two-fers.

Just made it to QB. As ab_grp noted, they're all familiar words. In case you're having trouble finding words, there's a bird, not American, and a medical condition.

Just finished the crossword. Not sure if I'll get to LB before tomorrow's crosswords come out.

ciao_yall

Quote from: ab_grp on March 08, 2021, 04:36:15 PM
Did you have any luck getting a 2fer, ciao_yall? I have about a thousand pretty good contenders but cannot make a match! However, there is a b4ss that may not actually be a word but that has now put an earworm in my head.  It's from a TV show I do not remember at all from the 80s but for which I apparently know all the words to the theme song.  It has been playing in my head all afternoon, and I have caught myself singing it aloud.  ARGH.  I admit that it's pretty catchy, though.

Ugh, after a million easy 3fers and 2fer b4ss I finally went to the online solver. Clearly they had a problem because there was only one solution that even seemed reasonable and it was a weird one. Send me an email if you want a hint.

Quote from: Langue_doc on March 08, 2021, 06:20:04 PM
Congrats QBs and two-fers.

Just made it to QB. As ab_grp noted, they're all familiar words. In case you're having trouble finding words, there's a bird, not American, and a medical condition.

Just finished the crossword. Not sure if I'll get to LB before tomorrow's crosswords come out.

Yeah, no good here with fauna or medical stuff. Ooh, just tried two of each and they worked! A ways away from QB though. Still crabby because it wouldn't take papain.

Langue_doc

Morning!

Two pangrams and genius. Getting to QB would be a challenge unless there are a couple more pangrams.

Happy solving, all.

ciao_yall

Morning!

SB - off to a start. My first two were pangrams so I'm feeling saucy today.

LB - The online solver suggested cadre-elopements which is just weird. Elopements? Not as weird as the official solution clement-teardrops. What is a clement?

Here are all my 2fer b4ss: nomads-spectral, placemats-snored, motel-landscaper, monster-replaced.

Let's see how today goes.

Happy solving, everyone!