News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

NYT Spelling Bee

Started by nebo113, August 28, 2020, 05:56:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cathwen

Good evening!

QB yesterday with last word coconut.  Today I have three words to go and will need hints, as it's getting late.

LB:  Wow, so many solutions!  Here's another: cowpoke-enablers.  I have a 2fer today also.

Happy puzzling!

Parasaurolophus

No luck finishing yesterday's or today's.
I know it's a genus.

Langue_doc

Good morning!

QB today. The few words that I missed yesterday were all words that I had entered much earlier, such as heal, healed, hell, hill, and a few others. Aaargh!

flutier/random; effortless twofer today.

ab_grp, customer care finally got back to me with the suggestion that I log out and then log in, but the puzzles somehow were reset after the two+ hours of frustration.

Happy solving!

ab_grp

Good morning!

Got to genius with pangram fairly easily, so I will hope for QB.  Congrats on yours, Langue_doc! And it sounds like you joined cathwen in having one yesterday as well.  Congrats! I was missing three yesterday: hippie, phalli, phial.  We had team QB, but I don't think I would have gotten the latter two without the help.

For LB, I had altimeter-refound.  Congrats on yours, Langue_doc! And another today!

And I am so glad customer service was able to help eventually, but nicer if they could have spared you the frustration and time invested.

Happy solving!

ciao_yall

QBwH and I challenge us all to use the word phalli in a sentence. And phial?

LB altimeter-refound and a 2fer today as well.

cathwen

Good afternoon!

QB today, QBwH yesterday to find phial and phalli.

LB:  flutier-random.  And a 2fer today.

Happy puzzling!

ab_grp

Got a 2fer! Kind of a weird one, so I might try again, but I will also just be happy to have this one.  Congrats on yours, ciao_yall and cathwen! And on your solutions yesterday! It's kind of funny that two of us got one solution, two of us got another solution, and neither were the schmofficial one.

And congrats on your QB, cathwen! I still have a couple left to go.

Langue_doc

I found phial quite early on in the puzzle as it is a familiar word. I don't think I've ever used it, but I've seen it in several novels and other 19th and early 20th century writings. I didn't get phalli; no amount of hints would have helped me with this word despite the fact that -us ending words use -i for the plural endings as in cactus/cacti. I tried Philadelphia, knowing quite well that it wouldn't be accepted. Needless to say, I'm frustrated that the bee failed to register some of the words that I had entered.

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Pangram and above genius. Last words yesterday were vend and vended.

infrequent/thanks

Happy solving!

ciao_yall

Morning!

QBwH for devotee, dividend, invitee. Darn those ee words.

LB infrequent-thanks.

Happy solving!

ab_grp

Good morning!

Got the pangram and to genius after a quick start and then a desperate search for additional points.  Ugh! Hopefully some momentum will come back later.  Yesterday we had team QB.  Nonevent was my final word.  Whatever.  There is a word (AFAIK) today that isn't accepted.

For LB, I got frequents-shaikh.  Sounds like I missed the more obvious solution! Congrats, Langue_doc and ciao_yall!

We had to get up early, so I have extra time but am also tired.  We'll see how it goes.

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good morning!

QB yesterday, with nonevent as the last word.  Today I'm above genius, probably Beta, but it's not looking like a QBABM day.

LB:  I had the very inefficient frequents-sharkskin.  No 2fer yet today, though.

Happy puzzling!

Parasaurolophus

BWP yesterday, closing in on GWP this morning.
I know it's a genus.

ab_grp

Got a 2fer!

Congrats on your different solution, cathwen!

Good luck Parasaurolophus!

Parasaurolophus

GWP, do7btless thanks to your well-wishes, ab_grp!
I know it's a genus.