News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

NYT Spelling Bee

Started by nebo113, August 28, 2020, 05:56:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Pangram and genius, but I think that's it for today. Last word yesterday was teeing.

maximizations/scuba

Happy solving!

ciao_yall

QBw2LL, last word was entente. LB was also maximizations-scuba.

Happy solving!

ab_grp

Good morning!

Got the pangram right away, but it took a while to get to genius.  Not a good sign! We had team QB again yesterday.  I think teeing was one I also needed help with.  And is tinning not a word? I think there's one today that used to be accepted but isn't now.  I always missed it, now I found it, and I don't think it's in there anymore.  :-( Maybe I'm wrong.

I also had the same 2fer as you fine folks. 

Parasaurolophus, congrats! 

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good afternoon!

QB yesterday with help to find tingeing. Darn those alternate spellings!  Today I am at alpha with four words to go for which I will probably need hints.

LB:  No 2fer yesterday!  And none again today yet.  Argh!  Congratulations to those who got one!

Happy puzzling!

Parasaurolophus

I know it's a genus.

Langue_doc

Good morning!

QB today. The letters have to be in the right configuration, at least for me, to see the pangram.

Didn't get back to the bee yesterday, so missed a few words--coital, tailcoat, and a couple more. I was surprised to see coital because the bee doesn't accept coition.

Couldn't find a mate for maypole and another word with the y in the middle.

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good morning! 

I needed 1-letter hints yesterday to find tikka (which was in a recent puzzle) and toolkit.  Today I am at QB-2.

After not finding 2fers the last two days, I did find one today. 

Happy puzzling!

ciao_yall

QBwH for tailcoat, tiki, toolkit.

And just 3fers yesterday - got close with loaf-facetime-eponym and a few others.

Happy solving!

ab_grp

Good morning!

Got the pangram and to genius plus a bit so far.  We had team QB again.  I think I needed help with toolkit, tailcoat, iliac, tactic, tactical.  I think I always miss tailcoat, but I should have gotten the latter several of them.  And, after finally remembering ocotillo after missing it every time, it's not in there anymore! ARGH!!!

No luck on LB despite a ton of promising contenders.  Congrats on getting one today, cathwen!

Happy solving!

Parasaurolophus

I know it's a genus.

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Four pangrams and well above genius. Last word yesterday was poncho.

grouped/deviant

Happy solving!

ciao_yall

Morning!

QB, needed a hint for canyon /facepalm. LB grouped-deviant. Happy solving!

ab_grp

Good morning!

Looks like I got all the pangrams and am at genius.  Yesterday we bailed with one word left each but had team QB.  He needed anyhoo, as I suspected, and I needed chancy, which I think I keep missing.

No luck on LB, though I did have grouped and dismissed it in light of what seemed like better contenders.  Congrats on your solutions!

Happy solving!

Parasaurolophus

GW4P.

I'm glad found pangrams are now in bold.
I know it's a genus.

cathwen

Good morning!

QB yesterday with 1L hints for ghee and gilt (argh!).  Today I'm at Beta with both pangrams.  Parasaurolophus, I agree that having pangrams in bold is very helpful!  And congratulations on getting all four of them yesterday!

LB:  I did not find a solution for yesterday's LB.  I do have one today, though. 

Happy puzzling!