News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

NYT Spelling Bee

Started by nebo113, August 28, 2020, 05:56:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cathwen

Good afternoon!

Yesterday was not my best SB day.  I needed help to find corrida and adroit, and then, despite hints, did not come up with cardioid or toroid.  Today I am at genius with the pangram, but I'm finding today's SB difficult also.  Ugh!

LB was better:  acquisitions-spark. After some hair pulling this morning, I finally found a 2fer today.

Happy puzzling!

ciao_yall

QB with lots of hints and help from the dictionary. Last word toroid

LB acquisitions-spark.

Happy solving!

Parasaurolophus

I know it's a genus.

Langue_doc

Good morning!

85 points so far. Last word yesterday was gnocchi; I was quite pleased with myself for having found chignon much earlier.

overdraw/whimsy

Happy solving!

ETA: QB, all I needed was a single word that I should have found much earlier.

Parasaurolophus

I know it's a genus.

cathwen

Good morning!

Beta with pangram this morning, three words to go.  Yesterday I needed letter hints for oncoming, noncom, and cooing, which I always seem to miss.

LB: I also had the "official" overdraw-whimsy.  No 2fer yet today.

Happy puzzling!

ciao_yall

QB, Needed a hint for chino.

LB was so close! I found whimsy-year-roved, overdrives-shaw-whimsy and other 3fers but just didn't see the 2fer. Oh well. Onward.

Happy solving!

ab_grp

Good morning/afternoon!

Got to genius and pangram plus a bit but then made the mistake of doing a Windows update that took 2 hours.  ! I am behind a bit, and our schedule has been turned upside down.  After a bad night's sleep, it's great to get up super early and then find out that a work activity has been pushed back 4 hours.  Yesterday I missed a bunch but somehow managed to get the more difficult words, again.  Congrats on all the QBs yesterday and today!

And congrats on your 2fers, Langue_doc and cathwen.  I've got a long list of contenders but didn't manage to see either word from the schmofficial solution.

Happy solving!

ciao_yall

QB with Grid, last word tibia.

Another close one with zebra-agent-scion, zebras-scientist-tog but no 2fer. Did have beacons-stargazing and recognizes-stab.

Oh well, let's see what today brings!

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Only 20 or so points left. Last word yesterday was habitat.

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good morning!

Briar and tidbit were my last words yesterday.  Today I'm at Beta with the pangram and struggling. 

No 2fer yesterday—I did see zebra, but did not see agnostic.  And no 2fer yet today! 

Happy puzzling!

Parasaurolophus

Made it to QB yesterday, despite travelling. Haven't started today's yet.
I know it's a genus.

ab_grp

Good morning/afternoon!

Haven't made it to genius yet, but I do have the pangram.  Yesterday I think I needed help with tidbit, bait.  It was a pain in the rear day.  Congrats on your QB, Parasaurolophus!!

I also came close on LB but did not see agnostic, unfortunately! I thought stargaze might lead somewhere. 

FYI, I saw a tweet from Sam (https://twitter.com/thegridkid/status/1577667140110487556):

Hey #hivemind!! Which is preferable:

1) Z in the center, multiple pangrams

OR

2) V in the center, LOTS of pangrams + longer finds ..... and it's nearly 300 points to Genius

Excited for y'all to find out

Happy solving!

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Pangram and genius.

Last word yesterday was mammon.

Happy solving!

ciao_yall

Morning!

QBwH, last word was poolroom. Nowhere on LB - that's a rarity. But a few quick 3fers today so maybe I'll break this dead streak.

Happy solving!