News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

NYT Spelling Bee

Started by nebo113, August 28, 2020, 05:56:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ciao_yall

Morning!

My NYTimes account is a hot mess right now. It keeps logging me out and not remembering my subscription so IDK how much puzzling I will be able to get in.

QBwG last word levee. LB dwale-eruption. I thought I made up the first word and it took! Turns out it's a thing.

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good morning!

QB yesterday with delve/d as my last two words. Today I'm at QB-2, but stuck.

LB: No luck yesterday—so congratulations, ciao_yall, on your success with the "made-up" word! I did find a 2fer today.

Happy puzzling!

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Almost QB. Last words yesterday were valuate, valuated.

Happy solving!

ab_grp

Good morning!

Got to genius with pangram so far.  I think I have two words left again.  Yesterday I got my final two (evade(d)) and made it to QBABM again.

Didn't get much time with LB again.  Congrats, ciao_yall!

Happy solving!

Langue_doc

Good morning, and Happy Easter for those of you observing the holiday!

Genius, but no pangram. Missed cockapoo yesterday.

Happy solving!

ciao_yall

Morning!

QBwG, last word cockatoo. LB needed a hint to find quilting-gumdrop after lots of 3fers.

ab_grp

Good morning!

Got to genius plus and finally got the pangram.  Not sure why it took so long! Yesterday we needed bee buddy for kapok.  I don't even remember that word from previous puzzles.

No luck on LB again!

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good afternoon!

QBwSBB for my two last words, cockapoo and kapok. Today I'm at genius with the pangram with five words to go.

LB: I had the "official" quilting-gumdrop. No 2fer yet today.

Happy puzzling, and Happy Easter to those who celebrate!

ciao_yall

Morning!

QBwSBB which didn't really tell me anything more than I already knew from the grid and 2ll, but anyway, last word alloyed. I do like the list that shows, in order, the frequency of words found. It pointed me to yodel(ed) because it was in the middle of the list and I realized it was something common.

LB needed a nudge for journal-lampblack. Whatever.

Happy solving!

ab_grp

Good morning!

On my way to genius with pangram so far.  Yesterday I got to QBABM again but can't recall my final word.  I know I was down to 4s at the end.  Maybe eggy, eely?

No luck on LB again.  Lampblack? I mean...

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good morning!

QBwSBB yesterday for lollygag/ged and gooey. QB today.

LB: I had the "official" journal-lampblack. Lampblack was a wild guess, and it took. I have a 2fer today, although not terribly economical.

Happy puzzling!

Langue_doc

Afternoon!

QB. QB yesterday with lallygag and lallygagged as my last words.

journal/lampblack--recall the latter from literature, perhaps Dickens?

Happy solving!

ciao_yall

Morning!

QBw2LL, last word groovy. LB - apparently nearly 100 solutions yesterday and I still needed a hint for habituates-somebody.

Happy solving!

ab_grp

Good morning!

Almost to genius with the pangrams so far.  Yesterday we almost had team QB but needed help for dumb logroll.

I actually solved LB, finally! I got habitues-somebody.  Last word first, and I remembered the first word and tried it and was very happy that it was a mate! I was surprised to see that it was the schmofficial solution.

Just realized I totally forgot to try to solve Connections yesterday.  That was a different one!

Happy solving!

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Almost QB. QB yesterday, with logy as my last word. Found it because I tried every possible combination of letters.

homestays/subside

Crosswords seem to be getting more and more difficult especially the Monday and Tuesday ones. This week I had to think through some of the clues whereas in the past I didn't even need to pause while completing the puzzles.

ab_grp, I too thought that Monday's Connections was rather weird. I haven't had the courage to click on today's--I usually complete Connections just after Wordle as soon as they are released.

Happy solving!