Main Menu

NYT Spelling Bee

Started by nebo113, August 28, 2020, 05:56:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ab_grp

And I got to QBABM! Hurrah.

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Pangram and well above genius so far. QB yesterday--remembered the oddball words from previous puzzles.

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good morning!

QBABM yesterday (last word latke), and Alpha this morning with two short words to go.  I am now stuck, so I hope that the words come to me later.

LB:  I finally found umbra-aphrodisiac.  I found a 2fer today also.

Happy puzzling!

ciao_yall

QBwH for teacake even though I got teakettle on my own. Gah.

LB ambhibious-scrod but earlier I got umbraphobic-cads which should have taken but did not. Oh well.

Happy solving!

ab_grp

Good morning!

Got to GWP plus a bit so far.  Yesterday I was so happy to get to QB.  I think kettle, teakettle, teacake were the last three for me, and I am pretty sure I missed the latter before. 

For LB, I got cupboards-shim.  Lots of solutions again! Congrats on another today, cathwen!

Happy solving!

ciao_yall

QBwG, last word lorry. LB requote-epiphany.

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good morning!

QB, last words allay and amyl.  Three words to go today, but may need help later.

LB:  I also had requote-epiphany.  I have a 2fer today, too, but I don't like the second word.  If I have time later, I may try for a new combination.

Happy puzzling!

ab_grp

Good morning!

I am really struggling today! I got the pangram right away but am inching toward genius with 10 or so points to go.  Husband is in the same boat.  Congrats on your QB yesterday, cathwen, and good luck with your final words today! I forgot amyl again, as well as moola, but we had team QB.  Weirdly, it was missing molly even after refreshing and reloading the app, even though I clearly had it in my list since it's in the spreadsheet of my word list that I copy from the website to count points.   At least I have definitive proof!

Argh I almost got the schmofficial 2fer.  I had the second word and words near the first word.  And I had lots of other contenders but did not have either word that cathwen and ciao_yall had in their 2fer.  Congrats! And on another today, cathwen!

Happy solving!

Langue_doc

Afternoon!

Pangram and genius. QB yesterday, but don't recall the last words.

requote/epiphany

Happy solving!

Parasaurolophus

Close. I'll finish tomorrow.
I know it's a genus.

ciao_yall

QB, needed a hint for banyan.

LB intoxicates-struth which yes, is a word! Other attempts included exotic-chanceurs which I guess is French so it didn't take. And 2fer b4ss houri-intoxicates, cruxes-stanchion, thane-excursion, raunchiest-toxin.

Happy solving!

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Two pangrams and above genius. Missed loblolly yesterday--aaargh!

neurotoxic/chaos

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good morning!

QB yesterday with a one-letter hint to get nylon.  Today I have both pangrams and am above genius. 

LB:  I first had authenticates-sexor, which I did not think was a word.  Later I found exotica-authenticators.  I found a quick 2fer today.

Happy puzzling!

ab_grp

Good morning!

I did get the pangrams and to genius this morning.  Yesterday we almost had team QB, but we needed help with loblolly, which I agree is definitely an aaargh.  I also missed abbacy (again! third time?!), nylon, ballboy, banally.

I felt like I was so close to a 2fer yesterday but got nothin'.  Congrats on all your different solutions! And on another today, cathwen!

Happy solving!

Parasaurolophus

I know it's a genus.