News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

Things To Test

Started by eigen, May 16, 2019, 04:25:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

polly_mer

My 7" Fire tablet using the Silk browser shows the default font here as about the same as on CHE fora and almost as good as on my 21.5" iMac.  However, I have turned the default zoom up to eleven on that small tablet.

However, while size and bold/italic/cross-out appear, I see only a couple different font faces, not the full range that I know is posted in some posts.
Quote from: hmaria1609 on June 27, 2019, 07:07:43 PM
Do whatever you want--I'm just the background dancer in your show!

Hibush

The setup and testing have gone really well and really fast. Thanks to many great contributors!

It looks as if the alpha testing issues have been done. Furthermore, the main topics have been outlined, threads have been carried over, and FAQs written. There are already 183 members, half of whom have posted.

Are we ready to declare beta mode? That is, invigorating the discussions about academe. Also to start thinking about thing like inviting more members who want to participate in such a conversation, and how to have an internet presence that might be discovered by new readers of CHE or IHE without getting overwhelmed by nonsense.

eigen

Quote from: Hibush on May 24, 2019, 08:33:16 AM
The setup and testing have gone really well and really fast. Thanks to many great contributors!

It looks as if the alpha testing issues have been done. Furthermore, the main topics have been outlined, threads have been carried over, and FAQs written. There are already 183 members, half of whom have posted.

Are we ready to declare beta mode? That is, invigorating the discussions about academe. Also to start thinking about thing like inviting more members who want to participate in such a conversation, and how to have an internet presence that might be discovered by new readers of CHE or IHE without getting overwhelmed by nonsense.

I'm calling the forum crash a jinx from this post, btw.

Aside from that, I think you're very right and we're rapidly progressing.
Quote from: Caracal
Actually reading posts before responding to them seems to be a problem for a number of people on here...

Hibush

Quote from: eigen on May 25, 2019, 08:31:47 PM
Quote from: Hibush on May 24, 2019, 08:33:16 AM

I'm calling the forum crash a jinx from this post, btw.

Aside from that, I think you're very right and we're rapidly progressing.

Yes, for sure. Resilience to server crashes is one of the last steps in alpha testing, so it's good we have that done with.