News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

NYT Spelling Bee

Started by nebo113, August 28, 2020, 05:56:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ab_grp

Good morning/afternoon!

Got to a bit past genius with the pangram.  Luckily it was a lot easier for me to find than yesterday's! Yesterday I found it as my 57th word, despite having tried potatohead and even dopehead, which probably should have helped.  But at least I got it eventually.  I think I needed two words when we compared, atop, heptad.  But we did have team QB.

For LB, I initially saw midshipmen and then shipment and ended up with shrouds-shipment as well.  Congrats on two 2fers, Langue_doc! Congrats on yours, ciao_yall, and on another today! Several solutions already!

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good afternoon!

QBwH to find last word, peapod.  Today I'm at Alpha, but having trouble finding the remaining words. 

LB:  I had midshipmen-notorious.  Lots of variety this time!  No 2fer so far today.

Happy puzzling!

ETA:  Got a 2fer!

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Easy romp to genius, but no pangram yet.

Last words yesterday were conic and dino, despite finding the latter in a puzzle just days ago. I tried potatohead too, without any success.

vocalism/methyl; machos/sylvite; vocalisms/stealthily

Happy solving!

ciao_yall

Morning! QBwH for ecocide. LB vocalist-thyme.

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good morning!

QB almost ABM, with a 1L hint to find djinni, which should have occurred to me as soon as I had jinni.  Today I have two words to go; the pangram was my first word.

LB:  I also had the "official" vocalist-thyme.  Congratulations on so many combinations, Langue_doc!  I found a 2fer rather quickly today.

Happy puzzling!

ab_grp

Good morning!

Got to QB-5 with pangram so far.  Yesterday I was running around too much and ended up on the phone with a friend for 2.5 hrs so have too many I missed to list.  Husband had jinn(i), but we forgot about djinn(i).  I also missed dino after finding it the other day. 

And no luck on LB, either! Congrats on your 2fers, ciao_yall and cathwen, and your many 2fers, Langue_doc! Wow! And congrats on a quick 2fer today, cathwen!

Husband has his first cardiac stress test today, so that should be interesting.  He is trying to keep himself busy since he can't have coffee or breakfast or take his meds.  I wish we could just get it over with.  I am not really sure what to expect, except he has morning and afternoon appts, treadmill this morning, which I will be taking him to. 

Happy solving!

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Pangrams and well above genius, but have a book discussion tonight, so that's probably it for the bee.

Last word yesterday was guilty--found the other two relatives much earlier.

finances/shorty; feats/synchronic

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good morning!

QBABM yesterday, last word truly.  Today I'm well past genius with all three pangrams.  I'm missing some of the shorter words, but having trouble finding them.

LB:  I also had finances-shorty.  Congratulations on two 2fers, Langue_doc!  So far, I do not have a 2fer for today's LB.

Happy puzzling!

ciao_yall

QB, needed a hint to remember lulu. LB shorties-sanctify.

Happy solving!

ab_grp

Good morning!

Got to genius with the pangrams.  Husband got to QBABH, but I had to give up and needed help for lulu, utility.  Congrats on your QBABY, cathwen! I'm sure you'll find the other words today.

For LB, I got honorifics-safety.  Congrats on all the varied solutions! And on multiples again, Langue_doc!

We got called back to the cardiologist for an appt this morning, so I don't know what the day will look like. 

Happy solving!

Parasaurolophus

I know it's a genus.

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Short and sweet bee today, got to QB without much effort.

Last word yesterday was cued--I had to review the word list on my desktop to come up with the last four-letter word only to find that somehow, the bee didn't register cued which I had entered much earlier in the puzzle.

ab_grp, sending good thoughts for the cardiology appointment/follow-up.

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good morning!

QB today, and QBwH yesterday to find puled and coulee

LB:  No 2fer yesterday!  But I have one today.

Ab_grp, I hope that your husband's appointment went well and that he's okay.

Happy puzzling!

ab_grp

Good morning!

Got to genius with the pangram so far.  Congrats on your QBs already, Langue_doc and cathwen! I hope to join you at some point but still have a bit to go.  Yesterday we each needed help to find updo, duple.  Sorry to hear the site was giving you an issue and not keep tracking of your entries, Langue_doc! It's a pain to try to figure out what's missing if you already entered it. 

No luck on LB despite a lot of trying! Looking at the schmofficial solution, I am not going to be too hard on myself.  Congrats on getting one today, cathwen!

Thanks for the kind wishes, Langue_doc and cathwen! Unfortunately, as we suspected, they don't move your results appt up several days for no reason.  Husband failed the stress test, so he has to go into the cath lab today (have to leave in 20 mins or so).  He may or may not need another stent and may or may not need some attention to the stent he got after his heart attack.  Most of the heart works great, but some of the blockages they found back then may be causing some issues.  Anyway, it should be outpatient, but if it gets complicated or something goes awry he may have to stay overnight, so we've been busy getting things ready since we found out.  I will update later!

Happy solving! 

Langue_doc

Afternoon!

Pangram, genius, and then the other pangram. I think I might have just a couple more words left.

The stats function of the bee has been inactive for weeks now.

Happy solving!