News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

Deprecated functions?

Started by Conjugate, July 31, 2019, 07:11:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Conjugate

Hello! 

I was somewhat put off when I tried to load new messages and was met with a bunch of this:

QuoteDeprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /home/theforao/public_html/Sources/Load.php on line 178

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /home/theforao/public_html/Sources/Load.php on line 183

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /home/theforao/public_html/Sources/Load.php on line 184

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /home/theforao/public_html/Sources/Load.php on line 220

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /home/theforao/public_html/Sources/Load.php on line 223

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /home/theforao/public_html/Sources/Load.php on line 235

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /home/theforao/public_html/Sources/Load.php on line 250

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /home/theforao/public_html/Sources/Load.php on line 252

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /home/theforao/public_html/Sources/Load.php on line 257

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /home/theforao/public_html/Sources/Load.php on line 268

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /home/theforao/public_html/Sources/Load.php on line 270

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /home/theforao/public_html/Sources/Load.php on line 273

I mean, the rest of the page loads, but the slew of warning messages is a little off-putting.  Do others get this?

Conjugate
∀ε>0∃δ>0∋|x–a|<δ⇒|ƒ(x)-ƒ(a)|<ε

namazu

Quote from: Conjugate on July 31, 2019, 07:11:02 AMDo others get this?
Yes.  For me, it worked fine earlier this morning, but now I'm getting the "deprecated function" comments.

Scout

nescafe

Juvenal

Yes, it has infested the site (for me, and clearly for quite a few) and I strongly deprecate it.
Cranky septuagenarian

eigen

My guess is changed/changing HTML standards that the forum software hasn't caught up with. I'll see what I can do about it.
Quote from: Caracal
Actually reading posts before responding to them seems to be a problem for a number of people on here...

eigen

Ok, update: It looks like a new version of PhP was released, and the code for the forum software we use isn't supported in that new version.

I'm working on either updating the code/upgrading the forum software or seeing if it's possible to roll-back the version of PhP we're using. The latter may not be possible since we're on a shared server with other people who might need it. I'll update as I find out more information.
Actually reading posts before responding to them seems to be a problem for a number of people on here...

eigen

Update: Fixed thanks to an amazingly quick response from Reclaim Hosting's support. You may need to reload the site, but it should look normal when you do.

Scout

Back to as normal as this group ever was. IOW, fixed.

aside

namazu

Parasaurolophus

Sounds like a euphemism for murder. Or Borg for murder: "Your functions will be deprecated."
I know it's a genus.

Scout

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on July 31, 2019, 02:31:52 PM
Sounds like a euphemism for murder. Or Borg for murder: "Your functions will be deprecated."

More Terminator-esque, to my ear. :)

Conjugate

Thank you, Eigen! At first I didn't see any forums, and was afraid they'd gone away.
∀ε>0∃δ>0∋|x–a|<δ⇒|ƒ(x)-ƒ(a)|<ε