News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

Missing a Forum dropdown

Started by mystictechgal, May 20, 2019, 11:17:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mystictechgal

We're missing a heading that brings up a dropdown of the fora available. Yeah, I've figured out that I can hit the "home" button or click "The fora" part of the title to get to the list, but I can't go directly from one place to another when I know where I want to go. It's a niggle, not a major issue, but that drop-down is how I usually navigated CHE. Not having it available always adds a second or two of confusion (and another step if I already know where I want to go.) If we are trying to make things easy for CHE users to transition, we might want to add it.

namazu

Quote from: mystictechgal on May 20, 2019, 11:17:58 PM
We're missing a heading that brings up a dropdown of the fora available. Yeah, I've figured out that I can hit the "home" button or click "The fora" part of the title to get to the list, but I can't go directly from one place to another when I know where I want to go. It's a niggle, not a major issue, but that drop-down is how I usually navigated CHE. Not having it available always adds a second or two of confusion (and another step if I already know where I want to go.) If we are trying to make things easy for CHE users to transition, we might want to add it.
Huh -- I never saw/noticed that on the old forum.  (It would have been useful!)  Where was it located?

EDIT: Never mind. Found it at the bottom of the page.

EDIT2: I see that same dropdown menu here, too, now that I know where to look for it (perhaps newly enabled?).

polly_mer

I never noticed it on CHE, but I can see it now on the very bottom right hand corner.
Quote from: hmaria1609 on June 27, 2019, 07:07:43 PM
Do whatever you want--I'm just the background dancer in your show!

cc_alan

Quote from: namazu on May 20, 2019, 11:23:53 PM
Huh -- I never saw/noticed that on the old forum.  (It would have been useful!)  Where was it located?

In the great software eff-up/"reorganization" some time ago over there (a couple of years?), the drop-down menu items order never got fixed.