News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

Spring Break 2020 Plans?

Started by clean, October 29, 2019, 11:07:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nescafe

I think the spouse and I are headed to Kauai this year. Looking forward to shave ice, hiking the Napali trail, and drinking Kauai coffee!

mamselle

Instead of Nescafe?

How odd...

;--}

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

Bbmaj7b5

I plan on staying here and working on the papers I've been stockpiling - as well as a plan for funding my summer.

I wrote nine (9) proposals last summer. If none of them hit I'm going to have to wonder if this business is right for me.

clean

Our Spring Break starts Friday (or Monday, I guess Officially!)

I had been eyeing a cruise a few months ago. I didnt book because the air fares were too high. I just checked today and the cruise I was looking at, which departs LA on Saturday , has over 150 vacant rooms, including suites! 

I should have sold my Carnival Cruise Line (CCL) stock last week!  It is down $10 from what I could have sold it for.

I have promised myself that I WILL grade the projects that are languishing in my office BEFORE Friday ends!  I will NOT start Spring Break with that still to do!

Then i will devote some time to working on my back yard, and I will also work on a paper that I should have finished last November (had I not been sent to the hospital instead). 

I may  be able to get a start on the syllabus requirements and book orders for my summer and Fall classes (which are due right after spring break anyway).

What are YOUR plans? 
"The Emperor is not as forgiving as I am"  Darth Vader

AmLitHist

I have a second-8 weeks online class starting the week after break, so I need to get that set up. (Yes, I know, it should be done already. But.....yeah.)

I might actually get it done next week (spring break is the week following).  I'd like to spend some time wandering around in the yard, doing a little clean-up, and planning for spring plantings of flowers and such.

Mainly, it will be nice just to not have to go to work or deal with admin and students for a few days!

magnemite

We are being tempted by dirt-cheap travel deals to Hawaii, but will probably do yard and garden work, and wrenching on cars.
may you ride eternal, shiny and chrome

sinenomine

I'll be going to meetings on campus, tidying my house, and working on two papers.
"How fleeting are all human passions compared with the massive continuity of ducks...."

Cheerful

Quote from: sinenomine on March 05, 2020, 11:57:43 AM
I'll be going to meetings on campus, tidying my house, and working on two papers.

Meetings on campus during Spring Break?  Glad my dept. doesn't do that.  That's not right.

clean

I DID IT!  I am caught up on my grading!  I had hoped to do it yesterday, but it is DONE. I can NOW begin the Spring Break plans (of working on other things!)

Have Fun!   Stay Virus Free!

AND dont drink beer on the beach... you dont want to get sand in your Schlitz        (malt liquor) 

Vkw10

Congratulations, Clean!

Another week until Spring Break. I'm scheduled to attend a very small conference during the break, if it doesn't get cancelled due to COVID-19. The conference is an excellent one, but if it's cancelled, I can stay home and relax.

I also just saw a posting for a position I'd love in my dream town. I might spend the break applying, even though I swore I'd retire before moving again.
Enthusiasm is not a skill set. (MH)

pgher

My son works in dining services at his college. He was planning to stay on campus anyway, but now it seems like he'll have a lot of company. Instead of a skeleton crew, they're going forward assuming, say, 60% of students stay on campus. Our campus here won't be that bad, but probably won't be as relaxed as usual.

clean

The Time Change meant that I 'overslept' today!  Not too bad a way to start Spring Break!

Otherwise I have done 2 loads of laundry, watched the Sunday Morning TV news shows, and pulled a bunch of weeds in the front yard.  I pulled a bunch a few weeks ago, but the ones that I missed are now covered with seed pods.  Others are blooming tiny little purple flowers, meaning that I have a short time before they too are primed with pods to sprout next spring! 

There are lots of flowers about. IF I were travelling, the highway medians should be very pretty ! 

nescafe

I was hoping to travel this Spring Break, but it looks like spouse and I will be grounded instead.

the_geneticist

Hoping to battle weeds in the garden, drink lots of tea, read lots of books, and escape into the wilderness for a few days.
This does hinge on me getting Spring term all planned out in the next two weeks.
And on the campus not suddenly demanding that I have a "ready to launch" plan of how to teach a molecular biology lab for nonmajors if we have to teach "remotely" or "online".  Any ideas?

Wahoo Redux

Write.  Grade.  Netflix.  Clean the leaving-room and upstairs bathroom.

Do I know how to party or what?!
Come, fill the Cup, and in the fire of Spring
Your Winter-garment of Repentance fling:
The Bird of Time has but a little way
To flutter--and the Bird is on the Wing.