News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

NYT Spelling Bee

Started by nebo113, August 28, 2020, 05:56:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ab_grp

Good morning!

I got the same as Langue_doc, thromboses-sundew.  I thought that would be the shmofficial solution because the puzzles folks seem to like things like sundew, moonbeam, etc.  I like the other solutions as well!

For bee yesterday, we gave up and missed feculence.  Husband had given me colleen, which I guess I never think of because it's also a name, and I had given him cellule, which is unusual because he is typically handier with the science terms.

We each got independently to QB today, so keep at it! None of the words were very difficult.  Good luck!

And congrats on the 2fer, cathwen!

Hope you get lots of puzzle time today, ciao_yall.

Happy solving!

cathwen

Wahoo!  I just got to QB.  Congratulations on your QB, ab_grp!

ciao_yall

The word of the day is feculence. Everyone has to try and use it at least once.

In the 3fer slog now.

Langue_doc

I am not using that word! I haven't even tried to look up the meaning as it doesn't sound like a word that I want to know.

One more word to go for QB.

ETA: QB! That was easy, probably my fastest QB.

ab_grp

Congrats on your QBs, cathwen and Langue_doc!  I agree, it was a very quick puzzle.

As far as the word of the day goes, I think you should try to use it at least once during the interview panel, ciao_yall! Let us know how it goes. ;-)  We looked it up, but I had already suspected what it was related to.

ciao_yall

Today's candidates' speeches were so full of feculence I did not have time to get a 2fer in LB.

Langue_doc

Quite appropriate. You get an A+.

Since I didn't have to listen to sh!t, I had time to find a twofer.

Tomorrow's crossword is done.

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Genius with one pangram. The puzzle hasn't been too difficult so far as I reached genius before finding the pangram.

LB cymbal/languish. Wasted a lot of time trying to find a mate for cymbals.

Happy solving!

ciao_yall

Morning!

Genius and pangram already.

Yesterday found cymbal and the other day found languid so why didn't it come together? I blame the feculence. 3fers already this morning so maybe today will be less feculent.

Happy solving!

ab_grp

Good morning!

Congrats on the 2fer, Langue_doc! I also pursued cymbals for way too long but couldn't convert to a 2fer.  I was going back and forth between trying to use that and malignancy, primarily.

Got to QB, so again keep at it.  No obscure words.

And I do have one LB contender so far, so we'll see.

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good morning!

Congratulations on QB already, ab_grp!

Today I am at Alpha, with three words to go.  I kind of sailed to that point, but now I am becalmed, and not at all confident of making QB today.  Two days in a row would be almost unheard of for me.  But the day is young!

LB:  I got cymbal-languid, too, yesterday.  I have a 2fer today as well.

Happy puzzling to all!

Parasaurolophus

Made it to genius easily this morning. We'll see whether there's any more in the cards for today!
I know it's a genus.

ab_grp

Good luck with the bee! I know you can do it! And cathwen, I was at the same-ish point, got to Alpha and then had two words to go.  When the list is shorter, it doesn't feel like there's much of a stepping stone from Alpha to QB.

And congrats on your 2fer, cathwen! I just got one, too.

Langue_doc

Good morning!

My last word was belle--should have found this much earlier as I've seen it in several recent puzzles.

Today's is a slog. Made it to amazing.

LB: my first solution was explainer/reformable. After some editing, I got formable/explain.

Happy solving, all!

ciao_yall

Morning!

Parasaurolophus Yeah I pretty much stop when I get to "genius." I can get to QB if I go to the Wordplay blog but once I achieved QBABM which was quite a thrill.

At "nice" and agreed, Langue-doc, it's been a bit of a slog so far.

Never made a 2fer yesterday. Got very close to the schmofficial solution with inflexible-emperor-rap and a few other good words but oh well. Tricky these days!

ETA: 2fer!

Happy solving!