News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

NYT Spelling Bee

Started by nebo113, August 28, 2020, 05:56:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Two pangrams and well above genius so far. Last word yesterday was gelled.

Happy solving!

ab_grp

Good morning!

Got the pangrams and to somewhere a bit past genius and then got the crossword done.  Yesterday we had team QB again.  I seemed to have missed variants of words I had.  I mean I had eight but not eighth, eightieth, and I had gelid, gelee but not gelled.  Also somehow missed gelt, though I thought I had that one.

And argh!! I had sexology among other contenders but couldn't pull off a 2fer.  Congrats on getting one today, cathwen!

Happy solving!

ciao_yall

QBwG, can't remember the final word. Maybe digit?

LB - Had 2fer b4ss hogs-sexuality, textualist-theology and 3fers coming out of my ears including the very close gait-thus-sexology.

Happy solving!

ab_grp

Yay! Got a 2fer on the first try! I'm glad it was easier than the past few days.

Parasaurolophus

I know it's a genus.

cathwen

Good morning!

QBwH to find cootie, neocon, concoct (and I had concoction!)—words I usually get.  Ecotone, which I might not have gotten without help, was my last word.  Today I have only two words left to go.

LB:  Ab_grp, congratulations on getting a 2fer on your first try!  Mine was the "official" boardwalk-knife, but it took me a little while to find it.  I found a 2fer today relatively fast (although not the first try!).

Happy puzzling!

ciao_yall

QBw2LL, last word was cootie. LB - just didn't get there. Saw walk-knife but didn't see board. Had a 2fer b4ss forward-drinkable.

ab_grp

Good morning/afternoon!

Got the pangram and to genius or a little more this morning.  Yesterday we had team QB again.  I think my last word was also cootie, and I also needed help with neocon, nonce.  I did remember ecotone this time.

Thanks, cathwen! Definitely an unusual event for me.  I also got the schmofficial one.  I figured it must be since boardwalk just popped right out at me and easily left knife.  Congrats to you as well and on another today!

Happy solving!

Langue_doc

Afternoon!

Pangram and genius before going on my bird walk, which was slightly later than the usual crack-of-dawn outings. I think my last word yesterday was niece.

boardwalk/knife

Saw the elusive Connecticut warbler in addition to other birds.

Happy solving!

ETA: twofer!

ab_grp

Got a 2fer (not on the first try this time).  One of the words is appropriate today.

Langue_doc, neat that you got to see an elusive bird! Looks like a little guy.  And congrats on your 2fer!

Parasaurolophus

I know it's a genus.

ab_grp

Good morning!

Got the pangram and to genius and got the crossword done.  Yesterday we had team QB.  I think I was missing goth, unhung, unthought.  Congrats Parasaurolophus!

For LB, I had the schmofficial quahog-grievance.  My grievance was that they apparently thought it was okay to accept covariance but not equivariance, and I wanted to use the latter since it used up so many letters!! Maybe it wouldn't have yielded a solution anyway.

Friend call this afternoon, so hopefully I will make puzzle progress this morning.

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good morning!

QBABM yesterday, with gong as the last word.  Also made QBABM today!

LB:  I had quahog-grievance also.  I have a 2fer today as well.

Happy puzzling!

ciao_yall

Morning!

QBw2LL, last word was unthought. LB was quahog-grievance as well.

Happy solving!

Parasaurolophus

I know it's a genus.