News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

NYT Spelling Bee

Started by nebo113, August 28, 2020, 05:56:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Langue_doc

Afternoon!

Pangram and above genius. Just got home from a couple of outings so haven't had the time to look at yesterday's word list.

overcharge/enquire

ab_grp, I'm assuming that you checked out the bird. Warblers are quite small, so it never ceases to amaze me when the expert birders can easily identify them by a combination of colors, eye rings, eye patches, wing feathers, and other characteristics that I don't see. With a few exceptions, they appear to me to be mostly yellowish birds or birds with some yellow feathers.

ab_grp

Langue_doc, yep I did take a look, and it does look quite small in the pictures! I'm surprised people can actually spot half of these birds, let alone identify them.  It's great that you got to see one.  I hope today's outings were also enjoyable.  And congrats on a different 2fer yesterday!

Cathwen, congrats on your QBABYs! And on another 2fer today!

Still a couple words left on the bee and no 2fer yet.  I have a couple contenders, but nothing too amazing.

Langue_doc

QB and a twofer. Missed yesterday's crossword and will probably miss today's as well because of phone calls.

I'll post the list from this weekend's outings on the bird thread. Today's highlight was seeing a flock of hummingbirds in a wilfflower-y area. We stayed there for sometime hoping to see the yellow breasted chat, which is the size of a robin.

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Four pangrams and QB.

bratwursts/spritely

Happy solving!

ab_grp

Good morning!

Holy crow, Langue_doc! I got the 4 pangrams and to genius, but I still have a ways to go.  Yesterday we had team QB again.  I somehow missed atilt, tallit, villa but at least I remembered daylit, daylily since those ones have bitten me in the past.

And congrats on your 2fer! I had part of the schmofficial one, bylaw, but I didn't get anywhere with it.

Happy solving!

ciao_yall

QBwG, last word was allay. LB writeup-plausibly.

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good afternoon!

QBABM yesterday.  I thought I had two words to go, but when I typed in diva, the Queen Bee screen popped up.  Today I have the four pangrams and am above genius, but probably will need help later.

LB:  I had beltways-sirup. Spellcheck does not like sirup.  It keeps correcting it to syrup or sit-up.   I was trying for something with bratwursts, but did not see spritely!  I have found a 2fer today.

Happy puzzling!

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Slogged my way up to genius (easy pangram), but that's it for today.

Happy solving!

ciao_yall

QBwG - last word billowing.

LB - just 2fer b4ss impound-draught, pompadour-righting and lots of 3fers.

Happy solving!

ab_grp

Good morning!

Finally crawled to genius after getting the pangram pretty quickly.  Sounds like Langue_doc's experience! Yesterday we had team QB again.  I think I missed bigwig, gown(ing), wino, willow.  Just ended up being a busy day again and the puzzle felt tough.

No luck on LB despite lots of contenders again.  I definitely do not think I would have found diaphragm.

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good afternoon!

GWP so far today, with seven words to go.  Yesterday I caved and looked at hints to find owing (and I even had owning!) and wining

LB:  I had the "official" diaphragm-mount.  I have a 2fer today also.

Happy puzzling!

ab_grp

Congrats on getting the solution yesterday, cathwen, and on another today!

Parasaurolophus

I know it's a genus.

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Two pangrams and just 10 or so points left for QB. It wasn't too bad yesterday, after the uphill struggle to get to genius, as I found the remaining words without much difficulty. I still don't know what haram means (I thought harem was the correct spelling), but it was accepted, and who am I to complain?

Happy solving!

ciao_yall

Morning! QBwH for mammoth, marmot, mortar which I should have gotten ABM.

LB - accidentally got a leak for the scmhofficial solution so didn't look for another.

Happy solving!