News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

NYT Spelling Bee

Started by nebo113, August 28, 2020, 05:56:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

evil_physics_witchcraft

Quote from: Langue_doc on November 03, 2020, 09:16:27 AM
Plodded up to 83, but haven't found the pangram yet.

I haven't found it either.

ab_grp

It took me a long time to get the pangram, too.  But a weird coincidence (?) helped.  We ended up getting all but two words.  It's tough with that y in the middle!

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Langue_doc on November 03, 2020, 09:16:27 AM
Plodded up to 83, but haven't found the pangram yet.

Yeah, I'm at 85 and pangramless for the time being.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Finally got the pangram. Don't think I can attempt QB, given the commitment to watching election returns live. (Why we do it, I don't know.)
I know it's a genus.

Langue_doc

I don't think I'm destined to get the pangram tonight. Must be the election related brain fog.

Langue_doc

Found it.  Made it to QB.

ab_grp

The coincidence (?) I was talking about yesterday was that the pangram and at least two other words were answers in the main crossword.  I don't think there is too much crossover in staff working on those, so maybe it was just meant to be.  If I hadn't just done the crossword, I definitely do not think I would have figured out the pangram for a long while, and probably only then from the trying random letters approach.

Today has been pretty easy so far, but I'm sure I will be eating those words soon.  Still 23 points from genius, plus we had to get up early. 

Langue_doc

Today's isn't too bad. I found two pangrams which put me slightly above genius.

evil_physics_witchcraft

Quote from: ab_grp on November 04, 2020, 06:39:24 AM
The coincidence (?) I was talking about yesterday was that the pangram and at least two other words were answers in the main crossword.  I don't think there is too much crossover in staff working on those, so maybe it was just meant to be.  If I hadn't just done the crossword, I definitely do not think I would have figured out the pangram for a long while, and probably only then from the trying random letters approach.

Today has been pretty easy so far, but I'm sure I will be eating those words soon.  Still 23 points from genius, plus we had to get up early.

That's interesting about the crossword.

evil_physics_witchcraft

Quote from: Langue_doc on November 04, 2020, 06:46:34 AM

I got one of them. :)

evil_physics_witchcraft

Interesting that it won't accept 'chiral.'

ciao_yall

Quote from: evil_physics_witchcraft on November 04, 2020, 08:23:29 AM
Quote from: ab_grp on November 04, 2020, 06:39:24 AM

That's interesting about the crossword.

Sometimes I find the same clues across multiple crosswords for a few weeks - like the word is in the zeitgeist or something. Then it goes away.

ab_grp

Quote from: evil_physics_witchcraft on November 04, 2020, 08:27:49 AM
Quote from: Langue_doc on November 04, 2020, 06:46:34 AM

I got one of them. :)

I'm sure you'll find the other!

Still struggling along to genius.  Five more points to go.  Coffee does not seem to be helping today.

Langue_doc

I just found the third one.

ab_grp

I don't know if I'm happy or not to hear that there is another pangram hiding in the forest.