News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

NYT Spelling Bee

Started by nebo113, August 28, 2020, 05:56:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Parasaurolophus

Made it to 63 and found the pangram, but I don't think I can manage the further 160 points required for QB.
I know it's a genus.

Langue_doc

I don't think you need another 160 points as it was only 53 points to reach genius today.

I've been at 64 most of the day, and am not venturing any higher.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Langue_doc on November 09, 2020, 06:55:36 PM
I don't think you need another 160 points as it was only 53 points to reach genius today.

I've been at 64 most of the day, and am not venturing any higher.

QB is 223! (I checked when I gave up.)
I know it's a genus.

Langue_doc

I didn't realize that there would be several more words in today's puzzle. I'll have to wait until tomorrow to see the list.

Parasaurolophus

Yeah, there are, like, 53 total or so. I'll keep trying tonight, but QB is way too far out of reach.
I know it's a genus.

Langue_doc

Yesterday's puzzle was a very short list of words. I missed only two, befit which I should have known, and abaft which I didn't.

I just made it to slightly above genius. I'll have to wait until afternoon to look for the remaining words.

Parasaurolophus

Weird. I must have screwed up when I checked.
I know it's a genus.

ab_grp

Yep, yesterday was only 23 words and 75 points.   On Sunday it was 229, so maybe something was messed up in the app?

I managed to get to QB again today, so either getting more sleep is helping, or I'm doing this too often (or just often enough?).  Luckily, it's another short list of words. 

Langue_doc

Must be the sleep. Note to self: get to bed at a reasonable hour.

Congrats.

nebo113

Coit be not an acceptable word but dildo is.  Gotta love it!

Langue_doc

My sentiments exactly. Coition was rejected last week, as was clitic, which is an entirely unnaughty word. Must be the body part test on the part of SB; dildo isn't an anatomical noun or verb, hence gets past the SB censors.

ab_grp

They do seem to make strange choices about what is appropriate or not, though the theory about the body part test is a good one. 

Today's is a longer list, and I have made it to genius and finally found the (a?) pangram, but it will probably take a while to make it much further.   Little victories, I guess!

Langue_doc

I just found the pangram, and have 144 points. A few more words and I'll make it to genius.

evil_physics_witchcraft

Is there only one pangram today?

Langue_doc

Probably; I'll let you know if I find another.