News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

NYT Spelling Bee

Started by nebo113, August 28, 2020, 05:56:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ciao_yall

QBwH for colorific. Yet it didn't take coliform? Gah. Found anatomical on my own, then got a hint to get grandpa-anatomical. Kept seeing grandma.

Oh well, happy solving!

ab_grp

Good morning!

Got to genius with the pangram, but it was a bit of a slog, so I am not sure about QB today.  But I did manage to get QBABM last night, last word colorific, same for husband.  I did not know that was a word but am glad I guessed it.  I was sure the remaining 9-letter would have to be a compound, but I guess not.

I was so close with LB! I had grandpa, agronomical, so maybe I would have eventually made the mate.  Congrats on your 2fers! Oh yeah, I did get a 2fer on my first try today! I cannot believe I forgot that.  It was only about 15 minutes ago.  Need more coffee.

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good morning!

Genius with pangram, and a slog for me as well.  I found the pangram early, but getting to genius took an age.  Yesterday I made it to QB-1 then needed a hint for colorific.

I guess I'm going through an LB dry spell.  No 2fer yesterday, despite having found grandpa!  Argh!  And no 2fer yet today. 

Happy puzzling!

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Pangram and well above genius. Missed battement yesterday.

Saw a pair of eastern towhees on my walk yesterday. And also assorted flowers. Spring is definitely in the air.

Happy solving!

ab_grp

Good morning!

Got pangram and to genius and on to other puzzles.  Yesterday we got team QB, but I was missing amebae, abet(ment).

I guess I got luck on getting the 2fer right away yesterday.  Velocity popped right out at me, and then I immediately saw yakuza but thought it was a proper name.  Glad I tried it! I'm sure that is the end of that streak.  Nothing so far today.

Langue_doc, I am glad you are enjoying the weather, but I just heard that there is a polar vortex event for later this week or early next week in the mid-Atlantic, so I hope it doesn't change that too much!

Happy solving!

ciao_yall

Morning! QBWATHICG for battement. And got hints for velocity-yakuza which I thought was a kind of Japanese robe at first.

Happy solving!

ab_grp

Got a 2fer! Hoorah.  Still a few words left on the bee, though.

Parasaurolophus

I know it's a genus.

cathwen

Good morning!

Genius and pangram this morning.  Yesterday I needed help to find queue/d and quaalude.

LB:  After a long dry spell (no 2fers for four days in a row), I finally got one today.  Hooray!

Happy puzzling!

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Pangram (finally) and genius. Missed quaalude--I think I might have seen it before, but the only aa words I can think of are naan and aardvark.

ab_grp, the forecast is for rain this evening and night, turning to snow showers in the morning, and then rain until around noon. Tomorrow's bird walk has been rescheduled to Sunday, so all's well.

Happy solving!

ab_grp

Good morning!

Still working my way to genius but also trying to get other puzzles done.  I do have the pangram.  We had team QB yesterday, but I was missing endue(d), lune, quad.  I also stumbled across another word by accident (unladen) on one of the sites I check for totals.  I had no idea the words were actually on the page and could be seen if you moused over a particular area.  Good to know for the future! I will avoid that.

I got the schmofficial solution again yesterday, charcuterie-enjoy after finding the second word first.  Congrats on getting one today, cathwen! Glad your dry spell has ended!

Langue_doc, I'm glad to hear that the new wintry weather won't put too much of a damper on your outings. 

Happy solving!

ciao_yall

Morning!

QBWH for unladen which is embarrassing for thisMonty Python fan. First word I saw was quaalude. Not sure what that says about me.

LB - after many 3fers and 2fer b4ss I went for the hints to get charcuterie-enjoy.

Happy solving!

ab_grp

Finally got a 2fer! But still quite a ways to go on the bee.

As for unladen and others, I have kind of given upon looking for those words (unless I'm really close to QB), because there are just too many that aren't accepted, and it gets my goat.

Langue_doc

Good morning!

QB. Last word yesterday was catalpa.

delays/silkworm

Happy solving!

ab_grp

Good morning!

Got the pangrams and a fair bit past genius.  Did you get QB already, Langue_doc? Wow! Congrats!! Yesterday we had team QB, but I was missing anticipant, canna, catcall, catnap, tactical.  Should have gotten some of those, given others I got!

For LB, I got milkier-roadways.  Congrats on yours, Langue_doc!

Happy solving!