News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

Trivial Irrelevant Aggravations

Started by sprout, October 03, 2019, 12:32:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mamselle

A tiny bit of baking-soda toothpaste might ease the concentrated acidity in the area, and help the irritation go away.

If you can get a brand without peroxide, so much the better, but even with it, so long as you wipe it off after a bit and don't swallow (much) it should be fine.

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

smallcleanrat

mamselle

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

apl68

Quote from: ergative on June 10, 2021, 12:13:30 AM
I have a small irritation on the inside of my lower lip, exactly where my top teeth touch it when I say words beginning with 'f' or 'v'. I'm sitting here trying to keep my tongue thrust forward between my teeth and my lower lip, and it's making my tongue muscles sore. But if I try to use my teeth to keep my tongue in place to give the muscles a rest then my tongue starts hurting from the bite pressure. Overall I have a sad mouth today.

I've had something similar.  My irritation is a little lower down so that my teeth don't touch it.  However, it makes brushing my teeth painful.  I've been brushing only in the morning for several days now to spare raking over that spot.  The sore is now improving, so I should be able to go back to brushing normally.

I've also been dealing with a sore throat for the past couple of days.  It feels better now, but sounds worse.  At least my voice should be able to hold up when I speak to the local Rotary Club today.  Sure glad I don't have to do public speaking all the time.
See, your King is coming to you, just and bringing salvation, gentle and lowly, and riding upon a donkey.

mamselle

That lower-down pain could be an abscess, and your sore throat could be connected to it.

Sorry to say--but all the unusual number of sore throats and colds I had one year stopped once the little germ factory that was an abscess I didn't even know I had was drained and dealt with.

M.

secundem_artem

It's a well known side effect of uttering far too many fricatives.
Funeral by funeral, the academy advances

mamselle

You mean, words beginning with...."F---"??

Hmm....

M.

ergative

Yes, labiodental fricatives, to be precise.

RatGuy

I hope my life never depends on my wife's ability to print something on our personal HP printer.

FishProf

Quote from: RatGuy on June 11, 2021, 11:14:47 AM
I hope my life never depends on my wife's ability to print something on our personal HP printer.

I'm a dead man if that ever occurs.
I'd rather have questions I can't answer, than answers I can't question.

jimbogumbo

For the love of all that is holy.

The word is not regime.

Nor is it regiment.

IT IS REGIMEN!

FishProf

Quote from: FishProf on June 12, 2021, 05:23:43 AM

I'm a dead man if that ever occurs.

I just reread my own posting.  What was I trying to say there?

I meant "If that occurs at my house, I would die of shock".

fishbrains

Ditto. But I don't think we are supposed to think/say this aloud. Our lives may actually depend on it.
I wish I could find a way to show people how much I love them, despite all my words and actions. ~ Maria Bamford

FishProf

It's a cold.  It isn't Covid.  Just a cold.  You remember colds, right?

ab_grp

Had to wash a bunch of socks (15 pairs) with other laundry, so I thoughtfully herded them all into a mesh laundry bag so that they didn't get lost or staticked into other clothing.  I don't know what happened in the dryer, but upon retrieving the laundry I found that the bag was open a hair, and there were no socks in the bag.  The bag was empty with nary a sock.  How? This seems improbable.