Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

Herd your cats here

Started by eigen, May 17, 2019, 02:24:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

evil_physics_witchcraft

Quote from: mamselle on October 26, 2020, 10:25:18 AM
Quote from: onehappyunicorn on October 26, 2020, 07:51:02 AM
Monday morning cat dump cuz I don't want to deal with HR this early. Or ever, actually.
https://imgur.com/gallery/PVpWVlp

I'm enchanted!

This thread makes all the other nonsense on the Fora worthwhile...

M.

I agree.

OneMoreYear

Monday morning cat dump cuz I don't want to deal with HR this early. Or ever, actually.

Thank you so much! I needed some cat cuteness in my Monday. Sorry you are having to deal with HR. 

I love that they hang out with each other. Our two, despite being littermates, do not spend time with each other.  This may be partially because Ninja has decided that SO is her human, and spends time waiting for him in his office when he's at work or hanging out in whatever room he is in when he is home.  Ricochet has not adopted a human, as she is still unclear on what humans are for. We thought Ninja might teach Ricochet how to be domesticated, but so far, no such luck.

wareagle

Ricochet has not made the connection of human = food?

Catso sits by his dish and simply waits for me to fill it.  I get the evil eye while he does so.  Since he has only one eye, it can get pretty malevolent.
[A]n effective administrative philosophy would be to remember that faculty members are goats.  Occasionally, this will mean helping them off of the outhouse roof or watching them eat the drapes.   -mended drum

the_geneticist

Sir Puck and Lady Jane used to cuddle when they were tiny kittens, but not anymore.  I think she got fed up with him winning every wrestling match since he's now much bigger than she is.  Izzy likes to cuddle with Sir Puck, he doesn't approve, but he will tolerate it until she chomps him.  Lady Jane says there aren't enough cat treats in the world to convince her to let Izzy touch her.

OneMoreYear

Quote from: wareagle on October 26, 2020, 03:02:07 PM
Ricochet has not made the connection of human = food?

Ricochet is the least food-motivated (at least human-offered food) cat I've ever met. We are convinced she lives on bugs and air.  As much as I dislike our unfinished basement, I think if we had fewer available bugs in the house, Ricochet would starve.  Sometimes I see her sitting by the badly hung basement door, staring at the crack between the door and floor, waiting.

Quote from: wareagle on October 26, 2020, 03:02:07 PM
Catso sits by his dish and simply waits for me to fill it.  I get the evil eye while he does so.  Since he has only one eye, it can get pretty malevolent.

Love this image! I think we need a picture of Catso!

Larimar

Aww, they are adorable!

smallcleanrat

SO and the Maestro Share a Tender Moment:

SO and Maestro are lounging on the couch together. SO is lying on his back, face-to-face with Maestro who is draped across SO's chest. SO skritches the kitty's head while kitty purrs and leans into the skritching appreciatively.

SO (smiling fondly): Awww, you're being such a sweet boy Mae-

*Maestro interrupts by ejecting a violent sneeze directly into SO's face*

SO (belatedly shielding face from the spray): gahhh!!! Why?!?

*Maestro blinks at him innocently, seemingly puzzled as to why the skritching has stopped*

I dearly wish I had been able to capture that on video.

spork

Can anyone recommend a product that I can spray on indoor plants to stop cats from chewing on them? I'm bringing herbs and other plants indoors for the winter. Sprayed chili pepper water on the leaves, no effect -- our two cats immediately began chomping. A previous cat actually liked the taste/smell of lemon citrus oil that was advertised as a cat repellent.
It's terrible writing, used to obfuscate the fact that the authors actually have nothing to say.

smallcleanrat

Quote from: spork on October 27, 2020, 04:52:39 PM
Can anyone recommend a product that I can spray on indoor plants to stop cats from chewing on them? I'm bringing herbs and other plants indoors for the winter. Sprayed chili pepper water on the leaves, no effect -- our two cats immediately began chomping. A previous cat actually liked the taste/smell of lemon citrus oil that was advertised as a cat repellent.

We got our kitty to stop chewing wires with this stuff: https://www.amazon.com/Repellent-Furniture-Protector-Establish-Boundaries/dp/B087HJ6199

It's scented with rosemary and cinnamon. It seemed to be the scent that put him off more than anything. He'd run off if we so much as reached for the bottle.

AmLitHist

Our girls aren't chewers, but Kid #1 has a puppy (if you can call a 120-pound 10 month old moose/GSD a pup), and she had good luck using bitter apple spray to stop the chomping when he was younger.

the_geneticist

Quote from: smallcleanrat on October 27, 2020, 10:27:02 AM
SO and the Maestro Share a Tender Moment:

SO and Maestro are lounging on the couch together. SO is lying on his back, face-to-face with Maestro who is draped across SO's chest. SO skritches the kitty's head while kitty purrs and leans into the skritching appreciatively.

SO (smiling fondly): Awww, you're being such a sweet boy Mae-

*Maestro interrupts by ejecting a violent sneeze directly into SO's face*

SO (belatedly shielding face from the spray): gahhh!!! Why?!?

*Maestro blinks at him innocently, seemingly puzzled as to why the skritching has stopped*

I dearly wish I had been able to capture that on video.

Haha!  Cats sneezes are somehow really cute and really gross. 

nebo113

The Shebah....a senior tortie....got a good checkup this week, though I have been over feeding her.  And she needs dental work.  Based on her blood work, she should be OK for surgery, but vet and I will decide tomorrow after consult with dental vet.

evil_physics_witchcraft

Youngest evil cat lounged on the table while I was working on my laptop. Apparently, she was very curious, or mischevious, because she put her paw into my mug and promptly dumped my coffee all over the table.

Sigh.

mamselle

But, hopefully, NOT into the laptop....??

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

evil_physics_witchcraft

Quote from: mamselle on October 29, 2020, 09:30:04 AM
But, hopefully, NOT into the laptop....??

M.

Correct. She pulled the mug towards herself, but missed getting doused (good cat reflexes!), but spilled liquid all over the table and floor.