News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

Virtual Lab and Data Analysis Resources

Started by mythbuster, March 13, 2020, 11:36:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mythbuster

I, like everyone else, is doing the online scramble. I'm in search of "virtual lab" resources. What's I've found so far is really disappointing. I am NOT looking for a video or animation of pipetting, setting up a PCR etc. BORING!
    Rather, I'm looking for an overview of the experiment and then a data set with good critical thinking questions to accompany it. Do these exist? Even most of the case studies I have found don't quite hit what I'm looking for.
   I'm looking specifically for Microbiology resources, but let's share what we know for lots of other fields as well.

mamselle

Ah, maybe this is where I should have posted this:

https://www.thecrimson.com/article/2020/3/13/harvard-coronavirus-research-interruptions/

I'm guessing the folks who researched the article might have made some contacts you could reach out to.

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

mythbuster

Thanks. That article is dealing with research labs. I'm looking or things for my students to do online in the teaching labs. Our research labs are still open (at least for now), and my students are thankful for this as they think they will go stir crazy without things to actually do.