News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

Lab kits

Started by jonathantheseagul, July 20, 2020, 07:53:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jonathantheseagul

Hi everyone.
This fall, I am teaching two lab courses: Electronic Packaging and Jigs/Fixture Tool
I am having two or three physical lab sessions to conceptualize better what is designed in a computer lab using software.
Is there any provider known to have a good set of lab kits and manuals? If so, can anybody share the link to look up?
It would be very helpful.

Thanks,
Jonathan the Seagul

marshwiggle

Quote from: jonathantheseagul on July 20, 2020, 07:53:31 AM
Hi everyone.
This fall, I am teaching two lab courses: Electronic Packaging and Jigs/Fixture Tool
I am having two or three physical lab sessions to conceptualize better what is designed in a computer lab using software.
Is there any provider known to have a good set of lab kits and manuals? If so, can anybody share the link to look up?

Thanks,
Jonathan the Seagul

I don't know if this applies in your area specifically, but one of the sites for hobbyists that I've bought stuff from in the past was willing to create a custom kit ofr students in my course this Fall, which included some components that they didn't normally sell. (While there are some manuals that come with the kits, I'm going to be creating and modifying my own labs.)

If there's some site like that for your area, send them an email.
It takes so little to be above average.

jonathantheseagul

Quote from: marshwiggle on July 20, 2020, 08:36:47 AM
Quote from: jonathantheseagul on July 20, 2020, 07:53:31 AM
Hi everyone.

Thanks,
Jonathan the Seagul

I don't know if this applies in your area specifically, but one of the sites for hobbyists that I've bought stuff from in the past was willing to create a custom kit ofr students in my course this Fall, which included some components that they didn't normally sell. (While there are some manuals that come with the kits, I'm going to be creating and modifying my own labs.)

If there's some site like that for your area, send them an email.

That is a very good idea.
I had known a vendor for the engineering lab materials so asked the sales person about them. I am looking forward to hearing back. Many Thanks.