The grading thread

Started by nonsensical, November 19, 2020, 03:03:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AmLitHist

Quote from: AmLitHist on December 10, 2022, 06:38:11 AM
Same here, Sun Worshiper:

-19 final Comp I papers graded this week
-30 more final Comp I papers sitting in Canvas, to grade today

-~15 Comp I final papers coming on Wednesday (hopefully some will submit earlier)
-~5 Comp II final papers due on Tuesday

There are also some discussion boards (which will get the "posted on time = full credit" treatment at this late date) due by tomorrow night, and about 20  "gimme" reflection papers due Wednesday/Thursday. 

Everything is getting half-assed/minimal commentary at this point. If they want detailed feedback, they can ask, but since most have gotten and ignored that all fall, I doubt m/any will pursue it now.

Onward. . . .

Progress.

Parasaurolophus

I'll try to get through one set of papers today.
I know it's a genus.

MarathonRunner

Quote from: Sun_Worshiper on December 11, 2022, 04:17:41 PM
Grading is done and grades are posted. Grade grubbing may now commence!

Here as well! Now, back to the dissertation.

FishProf

I am tallying scores on practical exams.  It is not pretty
I'd rather have questions I can't answer, than answers I can't question.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on December 12, 2022, 10:53:24 AM
I'll try to get through one set of papers today.

Did a bit more than that. Unfortunately, the grade tally-er is broken for two of my courses, so I'll have to fill them in by hand.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Got one class done today, plus ten or so papers from another.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Another class done today. Three more to go.
I know it's a genus.

sinenomine

Research papers graded today. Just a few straggling oral presentations to listen to over Zoom and respond to, and final exams (easy to grade) on Monday.
"How fleeting are all human passions compared with the massive continuity of ducks...."

FishProf

Presentations graded, exams graded.

Tomorrow, final at the Aquarium.

Friday, final papers and then I.AM.DONE.
I'd rather have questions I can't answer, than answers I can't question.

the_geneticist

Grading presentations.  Most are really good & easy to score.  But yikes, the ones that are not good are really bad.

EdnaMode

I finished grading exams and projects last night. Let things percolate overnight to give me time to decide if I wanted to change any of the cutoff points, I didn't. This afternoon I posted final grades on Canvas and then input grades into our official system. So far only two emails and both received (after I double-checked that there was not a mistake) "you received the grade you earned" replies. So glad to be done. I even put my email on auto-reply.
I never look back, darling. It distracts from the now.

Parasaurolophus

Graded a small pile, and got two new courses shipshape for next semester. Four essays in a row, in one class, were really, really good, and they all got 100%. Although I give out a perfect score or two every semester, this many is unprecedented.

It makes for a nice change from the FML dross that usually makes up most of my piles!
I know it's a genus.

traductio

Graded the first set of grad papers last week (my theory course). First one I read was clearly (but not demonstrably) bought or AI-generated, which set my grumpy mood for the rest of the papers.

Just started my second set of grad papers (method this time). First one I read knocked it out of the freakin' park. I mean -- wow! This is a quiet and shy student who has really come out of her shell over the course of the semester.

Now the bar is really high for the rest of the papers, but I'm in a much better mood.

apl68

Quote from: traductio on December 16, 2022, 07:03:43 AM
Graded the first set of grad papers last week (my theory course). First one I read was clearly (but not demonstrably) bought or AI-generated, which set my grumpy mood for the rest of the papers.

Just started my second set of grad papers (method this time). First one I read knocked it out of the freakin' park. I mean -- wow! This is a quiet and shy student who has really come out of her shell over the course of the semester.

Now the bar is really high for the rest of the papers, but I'm in a much better mood.

Drawing a shy student out and encouraging her to do very well in the course sounds like a classroom victory to me.  Congratulations!
If in this life only we had hope of Christ, we would be the most pathetic of them all.  But now is Christ raised from the dead, the first of those who slept.  First Christ, then afterward those who belong to Christ when he comes.

AmLitHist

Everything graded; final grades posted in Banner; out-of-office reply up on email!

YAY.