News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

"Favorite" student sentences

Started by Thursday's_Child, September 26, 2019, 08:37:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: apl68 on June 23, 2022, 07:33:18 AM
A tickling bomb is a terrifying thought!  I can see it being used to deal with crowds of rioters, or possibly turned on peaceful protestors.

Sounds like an egregious human rights violation to me!
I know it's a genus.

Juvenal

Quote from: Langue_doc on November 03, 2021, 12:54:04 PM
From the introductory paragraph of an essay:

Time flows and runs like a river, and as time goes, one thing comes after another...

This is a hard-working student who needs some help with the language.

So true.  At least I think so.  See my accompanying thought.
Cranky septuagenarian

ergative

Children (dead or not), are born with the ability to learn language...

apl68

Quote from: ergative on August 09, 2022, 02:45:41 AM

Was the reference to dead children perhaps a tone-deaf attempt to say "children of past times?"  You know, people born so long ago that they can't help being dead by now?
If in this life only we had hope of Christ, we would be the most pathetic of them all.  But now is Christ raised from the dead, the first of those who slept.  First Christ, then afterward those who belong to Christ when he comes.

ergative

Quote from: apl68 on August 09, 2022, 07:29:58 AM

Was the reference to dead children perhaps a tone-deaf attempt to say "children of past times?"  You know, people born so long ago that they can't help being dead by now?

I think it might be a typo for 'deaf'... ? That was discussed in the class, but there's no other discussion of deafness in the essay, so 🤷‍♀️

Puget

Quote from: ergative on August 09, 2022, 07:42:59 AM

I think it might be a typo for 'deaf'... ? That was discussed in the class, but there's no other discussion of deafness in the essay, so 🤷‍♀️

Language development in zombie and ghost children has been greatly under-studied, presenting many important future directions. . .
"Never get separated from your lunch. Never get separated from your friends. Never climb up anything you can't climb down."
–Best Colorado Peak Hikes

onthefringe

Quote from: Puget on August 09, 2022, 08:20:46 AM

Since the dawn of time Llanguage development in zombie and ghost children has been greatly under-studied, presenting many important future directions. . .

Fixed that for you

apl68

Language development in zombie and ghost children has been greatly under-studied, presenting many important future directions. . .

You're right, it has been under-studied.  Which means that nobody is even trying to do anything about improving how notoriously inarticulate they are.
If in this life only we had hope of Christ, we would be the most pathetic of them all.  But now is Christ raised from the dead, the first of those who slept.  First Christ, then afterward those who belong to Christ when he comes.

Puget

Quote from: apl68 on August 09, 2022, 10:02:53 AM

You're right, it has been under-studied.  Which means that nobody is even trying to do anything about improving how notoriously inarticulate they are.

Time for a crowd sourced grant application?
NICHD RO1: Innovative Approaches to Improving Language Development Outcomes in Undead and Disincorporated Children
"Never get separated from your lunch. Never get separated from your friends. Never climb up anything you can't climb down."
–Best Colorado Peak Hikes

mamselle

Go for it!

You start the thread, we'll all pile on.

;--}

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

OneMoreYear

I know we've all had these, but a sentence in the introduction of a dissertation proposal (not quite the 1st sentence, but close):

Play is something that humans have done since the beginning of time.

Anon1787

"He uses the slipper slope fallacy." Stu used "slipper slope" twice, so it's probably not a typo. Does this argument involve throwing a slipper like that Iraqi journalist did to President Bush?

apl68

I've always been partial to hiking in the mountains in rubber-soled sneakers as opposed to hiking boots myself.  But mountaineering in slippers seems to minimalist.

AmLitHist

"Macs and PCs both have occult like followings."

apl68

Quote from: AmLitHist on April 16, 2023, 10:49:11 AM
"Macs and PCs both have occult like followings."

Well, I have to admit that users of both who are more proficient than I do seem to me to possess a great deal of hidden knowledge.