News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

"Favorite" student sentences

Started by Thursday's_Child, September 26, 2019, 08:37:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FishProf

" Cuttlefish belong to one of the many species in the world with the unique ability to camouflage themselves."
I'd rather have questions I can't answer, than answers I can't question.

sinenomine

Quote from: FishProf on April 21, 2023, 12:00:38 PM
" Cuttlefish belong to one of the many species in the world with the unique ability to camouflage themselves."

Gotta love widespread uniqueness!
"How fleeting are all human passions compared with the massive continuity of ducks...."

FishProf

Quote from: sinenomine on April 21, 2023, 12:19:13 PM

Remember, if everyone is unique, then no one is....

apl68

Kind of like the "exclusive" club advertising on TV offering to let you join for ten or twenty bucks or so.
If in this life only we had hope of Christ, we would be the most pathetic of them all.  But now is Christ raised from the dead, the first of those who slept.  First Christ, then afterward those who belong to Christ when he comes.

arcturus

Quote from: FishProf on April 21, 2023, 12:33:16 PM

Remember, if everyone is unique, then no one is....

No, No. They are unique in their commonality! 

FishProf

Sorry, I was channeling this YOU ARE NOT SPECIAL speech.

I suppose it is technically possible for everyone to be unique.  Probably in a trivial way.

Sleepy72

"From the moment we are conceived, we are subject to assessments..."

This was the opening sentence for an essay about the use of assessments in early childhood education to support children's development.  I know I wanted them to discuss a range of assessments, but I really wasn't expecting them to start from conception!

arcturus

Quote from: Sleepy72 on May 17, 2023, 11:56:36 AM
"From the moment we are conceived, we are subject to assessments..."

This was the opening sentence for an essay about the use of assessments in early childhood education to support children's development.  I know I wanted them to discuss a range of assessments, but I really wasn't expecting them to start from conception!
Well, to be fair, it is right there in the name: a pregnancy *test*. So, yeah, apparently assessment starts at conception.

AmLitHist

Writing this paper has made me realize that I can overcome this ossicle that stands in my way.

apl68

Quote from: AmLitHist on September 01, 2023, 08:40:31 AMWriting this paper has made me realize that I can overcome this ossicle that stands in my way.

Living in a warmer part of the country, I've never, even in the coldest winter freeze, encountered an ossicle that was much trouble to overcome.
If in this life only we had hope of Christ, we would be the most pathetic of them all.  But now is Christ raised from the dead, the first of those who slept.  First Christ, then afterward those who belong to Christ when he comes.

arcturus

As a response to a discussion prompt to explain why you have enrolled in a general education astronomy course:

"...the reason I decided to take this course was because of how much I love butter space!"

I am heading to the refrigerator now! [Astronomers do have a tendency to make analogies to food, so perhaps the student is not too far off?]

waterboy

So many Milky Way thoughts come to mind!
"I know you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure that what you heard was not what I meant."

sinenomine

"How fleeting are all human passions compared with the massive continuity of ducks...."

apl68

Now I want a warm, buttered cinnamon role.

fosca

"My hobbies consist of ruining track and going fishing and usually I will travels to Myrtle beach SC  for vacation but now I don't know now that I'm in college but that just leaves up to new things to see."

I got a bunch of "Let's hand in this word salad and expect an A!" students this semester, for some reason.