News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

"Favorite" student sentences

Started by Thursday's_Child, September 26, 2019, 08:37:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

downer

Not a sentence, just a phrase.

This one student has repeatedly referred to my Course Notes in the weekly discussion as "Coarse Notes."

I wondering if they are having a dig at me.
"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross."—Sinclair Lewis

traductio

Quote from: downer on March 31, 2021, 09:54:27 AM
Not a sentence, just a phrase.

This one student has repeatedly referred to my Course Notes in the weekly discussion as "Coarse Notes."

I wondering if they are having a dig at me.

Better than curse notes, I suppose.

Nightshade

"Furthermore, proving these baskets have similarities and differences." Edited to add that this was the concluding sentence fragment of a paper I just assessed.

Langue_doc

"The objective of self teaching myself material that was supposed to be taught by the teacher has drawn me to forcing myself to simply memorize what is needed..."

apl68

Quote from: Langue_doc on April 08, 2021, 11:12:47 AM
"The objective of self teaching myself material that was supposed to be taught by the teacher has drawn me to forcing myself to simply memorize what is needed..."

I'm reminded of Ben Jonson saying that "He that is taught only by himself has a fool for a master."
If in this life only we had hope of Christ, we would be the most pathetic of them all.  But now is Christ raised from the dead, the first of those who slept.  First Christ, then afterward those who belong to Christ when he comes.

Aster

Quote from: apl68 on April 08, 2021, 12:30:15 PM
I'm reminded of Ben Jonson saying that "He that is taught only by himself has a fool for a master."
That is great. Ha ha ha.
This should be posted in Gigantic Font over the top of every self-help video on YouTube.

AvidReader

Grading annotated bibliographies today and enjoying my students' attempts to explain why various sources are reliable and/or appropriate for their essays. They are really rising to the challenge and doing great work, but the typo has caught this one:

"This source is reliable because it is pee-reviewed."

And this one made me smile:

"The article also provides information from worldly sources such as the The New York Times and The Washington Post."

AR.

marshwiggle

Quote from: AvidReader on April 09, 2021, 01:40:01 PM
Grading annotated bibliographies today and enjoying my students' attempts to explain why various sources are reliable and/or appropriate for their essays. They are really rising to the challenge and doing great work, but the typo has caught this one:

"This source is reliable because it is pee-reviewed."

I think this applies to fire hydrants and urban trees.
It takes so little to be above average.

adel9216

Two months before the term actually starts, receiving an email that says:
"Will there be exams?"

lol

Langue_doc

"It is very difficult trying to juggle the academic stress of needing to memorize all the responsibilities I have to attend to."

ciao_yall

From a business plan for a new candy:

"We  use  the  latest  abortion  line,  automatic  equipment,  so  that  the  product has sufficient supply..."

marshwiggle

Quote from: ciao_yall on April 10, 2021, 08:24:45 PM

"We  use  the  latest  abortion  line,  automatic  equipment,  so  that  the  product has sufficient supply..."

I shudder to think what the topic was that this referenced.
It takes so little to be above average.

Chemystery

An interesting approach, but perhaps you should suggest they investigate a manufacturing option that would not result in the Catholic church forbidding the use of their candy.

ciao_yall

Quote from: Chemystery on April 11, 2021, 11:36:16 AM

An interesting approach, but perhaps you should suggest they investigate a manufacturing option that would not result in the Catholic church forbidding the use of their candy.

Feto-pops! Enhanced with stem cells!

apl68

Quote from: Langue_doc on April 09, 2021, 07:53:16 PM
"It is very difficult trying to juggle the academic stress of needing to memorize all the responsibilities I have to attend to."

Yes, I'm sure it is....
If in this life only we had hope of Christ, we would be the most pathetic of them all.  But now is Christ raised from the dead, the first of those who slept.  First Christ, then afterward those who belong to Christ when he comes.