News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

Online Exams

Started by HigherEd7, January 08, 2020, 05:58:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HigherEd7

All online exams unless supervised are open book. Every semester I have students that email me asking to see the answers to the ones they got wrong, I have a hard time doing this because some are going to take pictures or copy the answer down and not do the reading to learn. Thoughts?

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: HigherEd7 on January 08, 2020, 05:58:58 PM
All online exams unless supervised are open book. Every semester I have students that email me asking to see the answers to the ones they got wrong, I have a hard time doing this because some are going to take pictures or copy the answer down and not do the reading to learn. Thoughts?

Unless you have the equivalent of office hours, during which you could talk them through the right answers, you can just tell them to look it up in the book.
I know it's a genus.

Aster

What Para said. If they want to see their exams, they can come in during office hours. You have zero obligation to return or release completed assessments to students.

This exact scenario is one of the primary reasons that office hours even exist. So that students can view their completed assessments in supervised, secure settings.

ciao_yall

Quote from: HigherEd7 on January 08, 2020, 05:58:58 PM

First, ask them to explain how they got the answer they got. Then ask them what other answer might be correct, and how they might get to that.

Then, respond to them.

Basically, make them do some work if they want to know the correct answer.

HigherEd7

Thanks for response and tips! I will not be doing it this semester.