News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

NYT Spelling Bee

Started by nebo113, August 28, 2020, 05:56:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cathwen

Good morning!

I'm at Alpha, missing five words.  Yesterday I got to QB with a one letter hint for my last word, penmen

LB:  I had the "official" crushable-event.  I have a 2fer today as well.

Happy puzzling!

ab_grp

Good morning!

I got to genius with the pangram and moved on to other puzzles for the moment.  Yesterday we both needed help for impenitent, penmen, and I also needed help for tempt, tenement.  I was glad to remember some previous pains in the neck.  Congrats on your QBABY, cathwen!!

For LB I got vulnerable-etchers.  I have some contenders today, but nothing too exciting yet.  Congrats on your 2fers yesterday, Langue_doc and cathwen.  And congrats on another today, cathwen!

Thanks for the additional app/site data, Langue_doc! I'm glad it didn't affect you.

Happy solving!

ciao_yall

Morning! QBwH learned a new word impenitent but had forgotten mentee. LB vulnerable-enchants.

Nice to be home, but laundry awaits!

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Whew! Finally made it to genius after finding the pangram quite early on in the puzzle. Missed nanabot and a couple of other words that I knew I had entered. Note to self: remember nanabot which I've seen in previous bees.

Didn't get around to LB because I had to spend more than two hours trying to get through to Verizon (see venting thread).

Happy solving!

ciao_yall

Morning! QBwH to remember natal, natant. Maybe I should make a list of words I often miss. LB was the slightly racy romanticly-yep. I didn't think it would take that spelling but okay.

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good morning!

QB yesterday with 2LL help to find llano, which I have seen before and usually get.  By some miracle, I remembered nanobot, which I have missed in the past.  Today I have just squeaked into Beta.

LB:  I had proem-militancy.  I have one today as well.

Langue_doc, I'm sorry that Verizon has been such a nightmare.  Ugh!

Ciao_yall, I like your 2fer!

Lots of course prep to do today—we'll see how far I get with the Bee and other puzzles.

Happy puzzling!

ab_grp

Good morning!

Got to genius with pangram.  Yesterday we almost made it to team QB but both needed help with onto, of all things.  I also needed help with nylon.

For LB, I got compiler-ranty, finally.  I think I had about 30 possibilities by then?! Neat that we all had different ones and that none are the schmofficial one.  I had to look up proem.

Yes, Langue_doc, what a pain in the neck to deal with!! You'd think they could have separate customer service for the two systems.  That whole password issue... argh! I have been having very good customer service lately, so I hope the universe's balance didn't tip poorly against you because of it. 

Happy solving!

Langue_doc

Congrats on all the twofers. Just got one today.

It's Friday the thirteenth, so I'm waving my magic wand to ward off spells.

ab_grp

Congrats on your 2fer, Langue_doc! I just got one, too.  It's a little long so probably not schmofficial.

Speaking of Friday the 13th, I listened to a news podcast this morning in which the presenter said that even though that is the date, he is not "suspicious."  In any case, thanks for keeping the bad stuff away!

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Pangram and above genius. I don't much care for the repetitive bees, so I'm not sure how much energy I'm going to have to look for more words. Last word yesterday was uneaten.

lumbago/overturn

QuoteI listened to a news podcast this morning in which the presenter said that even though that is the date, he is not "suspicious."

Hoo boy! Epic vocabulary fail!

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good morning!

QBABM yesterday, beyond all expectations.  Last word unlet.  Today I am at genius with both pangrams, but like Langue_doc, may not have the energy to slog my way to 330 points. 

LB:  I had unmoveable-ergot.  I have a 2fer today also. 

What a vocabulary fail, ab_grp!  Perhaps the presenter is suspicious of superstitions!  Thanks for sharing that.

Happy puzzling!

ab_grp

Good morning!

Finally got to genius, but just with one pangram so far.  Yesterday we got team QB, but I was missing lunate, lunette, lunulae (pattern?) along with tutee, uneaten.  Ugh.  Congrats on your QBABY, cathwen!

For LB I had government-turntable.  Close to schmofficial but a bit longer.  Lots of solutions again! Congrats, Langue_doc and cathwen (plus another today)!

I really like that news presenter and think he's pretty smart, but I have heard a bunch of similar vocabulary or pronunciation issues in podcasts lately.  I just wonder why they don't do whatever the equivalent is of proofreading and re-record parts with errors, but I have no idea how podcasting works.   Maybe it's too much trouble.  Maybe people don't care about the record of the spoken word as much as that of the written word? I make enough such mistakes myself but wouldn't really want them out there for posterity.

Happy solving!

ciao_yall

Morning! QBwH for a few reminders for longer words. But also forgot tutee. Gah. Long one today.

LB ungovernable-emote, unmoveable-ergot. Strange 2fer with a word I thought I made up but keeping it.

Happy solving!

Langue_doc

Good morning!

QB yesterday and also today.

I seem to have hit a snag with the crossword--it's probably just a letter gone awry.

Happy solving!

ab_grp

Good morning!

Got to genius plus a bit with the pangram so far.  Yesterday we almost had team QB but were both missing nada.  I know I was missing a few others, including the grand(d)ad pair.  Yuck.  Congrats on persevering to QBABY yesterday, Langue_doc, and today again!

For LB, I finally got a kind of weird one, catboat-thinkful.  Oh well, they accepted it.  Congrats on your two from 2 days ago, ciao_yall! I am interested to see what you got yesterday.

Happy solving!